Christmas Dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Dinner?

So tomorrow I'm frying my first turkey and I thought I'd see what you'se guys were doing for dinner this year. I'm sure some of you have some delightful dishes and I want to hear all about them.

My turkey is injected with a "creole butter" seasoning that we've used before. Great flavor, not too spicy and just great on the tongue. I rubbed the outside of the bird with a local rub called "Grub Rub." (click linky to see if a retailer near you carries it) Shit is great for damn near every meat known to man. Try it if you can.

I'll touch base tomorrow and let you guys know how it turned out.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Originally posted by B_MetalliClaus View Post
    So tomorrow I'm frying my first turkey and I thought I'd see what you'se guys were doing for dinner this year. I'm sure some of you have some delightful dishes and I want to hear all about them.

My turkey is injected with a "creole butter" seasoning that we've used before. Great flavor, not too spicy and just great on the tongue. I rubbed the outside of the bird with a local rub called "Grub Rub." (click linky to see if a retailer near you carries it) Shit is great for damn near every meat known to man. Try it if you can.

I'll touch base tomorrow and let you guys know how it turned out.
    Aw yeah, you rub the shit out of that turkey! Awwwugh...

Comment

Sylvia and her sister invited Kat and I to her aunt's place for dinner tonight. Apparently there's gonna be prime rib along with a bunch of other stuff. I'm doing breathing exercises riiiight now.
      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Last night we had TexMex Christmas. Made creamy enchiladas verde, pork and beef tamales, refried beans, black beans, spanish rice, chili con queso. There was also a massive fucking spread of sweets. There were mini cheese cakes I did not even find out about until midnight!

Comment

We're eating Spaghetti Pie over at my sister's tonight. CHOW.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          Originally posted by Martin
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Took the turkey out after 90 glorious minutes of manroundfire-ness because it was a 30lb bird. Epic culinary delight was had. So juicy, so tender, so moist and warm, and that was just my crothal region after smelling this bird.

Seriously this was great especially considering it was my first and it turned out perfect. Some of the non-traditional meals you guys had sound freaking awesome too. Christmas Dinner 2010 rocked balls. YEAH!!
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Her folks did a big traditional dinner, but I didn't gorge myself. Still got stuffed and took a nap though. Ham, turkey, dressing, giblet gravy, taters, rolls, green bean casserole ftw.

Comment

Swedish meatballs, mussels, spinach artichoke dip, meat chili cheese dip, wild rice meatballs, German sausage, and other assorted items. It was awesome. Just snacked all day and drank beer.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

George and his two brothers picked up a catered an Italian Christmas dinner special from this awesome deli near his house, and we all brought it over to his sister's place. It was a package deal for a flat price, which all included a 3 foot sub (half turkey, half Italian), a pan of meatballs and sauce, a pan of baked ziti, a pan of chicken parm, a pan of sausage and peppers, a big green salad (with two kinds of dressing), and a platter of dinner rolls. We also brought over dessert, which was a pudding cake, and a tray of "hot chocolate" cupcakes (cupcakes made with dark chocolate, cocoa, and marshmallow icing). Oh, yes, Weight Watchers on New Years day, here I come!
                  2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

I cooked for 11. Dinner was:

Roasted Turkey (boy, it was juicy and delicious)
                    Gluten Free Stuffing (made with brown rice bread, sausage, almonds, celery, onions, etc)
                    Mashed baby red potatoes
                    Green Beans with almonds
                    Yams
                    BBQ lil' smokies
                    Haywain Sweet rolls

Jess' grandmother said my stuffing could win an award.
                    "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                    - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                    http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                    http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

Can I get a recipe for that gluten free stuffing?
                      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Similar to this:
                        http://glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com/2...g-we-will.html
                        Except I used 1 loaf of brown rice bread, and I added sausage and sliced almonds.
                        "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                        - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                        http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                        http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

Brined a turkey today (the 26th) for 5 hrs in Alton Brown's fool proof bird brine. Sooooo moist. I didn't have time to marinate it for the recommended minimum of 8 hrs, so I imagine the flavor penetration wa s a little sub par, but it was still really fucking good. First turkey I ever made in my life, and it was a resounding success. Later: Scotch & a fine cigar on the front porch. IN the cold & possible snow. Fuck it, I'm on vacation, and that's how I roll.
                          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Nice, Iggy!
                            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Alton Browns brining method is pretty spectacular. I'm sure all enjoyed it.

Comment

Working...
                              X