No announcement yet.

toys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a model of the original Mummy that was neon pink. He looked awesome in the black light. Alas, the 94 quake turned him to dust.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

My favorite one that the neighbor kid had was King Kong, holding Fay Wray in his paw. I helped him glue that one together - her hair even came in two pieces! It looked like a short haircut on the actual doll, but then the second part was the longer part, which glued to the back of her head and stuck straight out, like it was blowing back in the wind. Here's a back view of it:

2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

And for Ari:

2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

FUCK YEAH!!! That was my pink mummy! Awesome, Lisa!!!

Comment

And last - a King Kong thing I'd love, since I have a few Barbies in my collection: The King Kong "Barbie as Fay Wray" set. Truly something you can't take out of the box, as it comes with a giant plastic King Kong hand that she's sitting on:

Out of the box for a closer look:

Comment

Your welcome, Ari!

The problem, of course, is that Barbie looks remarkably calm compared to the real lady...

Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce Fay "Shitting Bricks Over Manhattan" Wray!

Comment

This is the Kong I have. He also holds a tiny Fay Wray:

http://thegalleryofmonstertoys.com/9...rlanekong.html

Comment

Nice, Ari!

Comment

Re: the Aurora kits - my brother had King Kong, I had the Wolf Man. I eventually got Godzilla as well, all of 'em had Glow in The Dark parts. My friend across the street had the Creature from the Black lagoon, as well as some of the Apes kits (I think I had Caesar, while my brother had General Aldo).

Geez, if I had more room at my condo, I'd absolutely buy some repro versions of those kits. Also, loving the Fay Wray Barbie, Lisa! You picking up the Joan Jet, Blondie, and Cyndi Lauper ones from last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                      You picking up the Joan Jet, Blondie, and Cyndi Lauper ones from last year?
                      I would love to. LOOOVE to. But I just don't have the space at my apartment. See the other toy thread - that has a list of stuff I have displayed vs. stuff I have packed away due to no space (http://forums.braindeadradio.com/showpost.php?p=95058&postcount=127 - my tale of woe. I haz one). It sucks, I'd love to get all three of them!

Comment

Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                        I would love to. LOOOVE to. But I just don't have the space at my apartment. See the other toy thread - that has a list of stuff I have displayed vs. stuff I have packed away due to no space (http://forums.braindeadradio.com/showpost.php?p=95058&postcount=127 - my tale of woe. I haz one). It sucks, I'd love to get all three of them!
                        Andy Gibb AND Shaun Cassidy dolls? Now THAT takes me back.

I'm kind of in the same boat - I've got the closet in my office at home filled with boxes of action figures, most of which I'm looking to unload already (pre-Marvel legends Toy Biz figures, JLA/Total Justice, lots of Spider-Man stuff). PM me if anyone wants a list!

Past year or two I've been rediscovering the wonder that is Mego - got all the World's Greatest Super Heros in repro and original boxes, the Mad Monsters (glow in the dark hands and eyes, folks!), Star Trek, Knights, Pirates, Cowboys, etc. plus a bunch of custom Mego figures I've bought on eBay or made myself (Lone Ranger and Tonto, Green Hornet and Kato, the Rocketeer, Ghost Rider, Grendel, etc. Got Madman and a few others in the works!).

Ton of 8" goodness coming out this year per Toy fair - 8" Mego-esque figures of the Universal Monsters, Lost, Dexter, Twilight Zone (in black and white! I'm so getting the alien from "To Serve Man." It even comes with the cookbook!), and the 1980's Flash Gordon movie (Ming looks incredible). Plus, Venture Bros.!

Comment

Lulz at "tons of 8" goodness"...

Comment

We take our shots when we get 'em, Vin!

Comment

Mego fan, huh? While I don't collect Mego figures, I do have a fondness for them, as I had a Mego Spidey and Hulk when I was young. I do have a ton of Toy Biz stuff, from their first DC figures all the way through the Legends line.

Have you seen these yet, Tim? They look to be right up your alley:

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...oryID.35279900

Comment

Shit, I just remembered the one thing I wanted to talk about in regards to your toy collection.

TWISTED TOYFARE THEATER!
                                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Working...
                                X