Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After this baffling paint job on the original dude:

I'd have (and still would) kill for the alternate "Toon Turtles" version:

Never found it as a kid, and last time I checked that bastard was going for like 60 bucks on Ebay.

Also:

Last edited by Randall; 04-27-2010, 11:51 PM. Reason: Failasaurus

Comment

THIS was one of my most favorite toys in the world when I was little. This was a deluxe fold out Barbie house - the walls folded inward and locked, and there was a handle on the roof. Load it up with the furniture, the dolls and the clothes, and you could bring it everywhere. I'd go in the very back of our big old station wagon on road trips, open the house up, and have a ball. They'd never even hear a word out of me the whole trip.

2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

I wanted no toy more during my adolescence...

To make matters worse, Talisman, once Belfast's premier Comics and Collectibles Emporium (later to become Forbidden Planet) had one out on display, when I was about 11. It was about a hundred quid or something, if I remember right... even though it was out of the box. It was a far cry from a "wee treat" anyway. I used to love going upstairs and walking past it hoping one day for it to be mine. Then, it was gone. I was fortunate enough to get some of the Power of the Force Kenner Death Star stuff, but the original toys were always particularly appealing to me.

Excellent Punisher choice, Randall.
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

This was the ultimate prize for me. One time we were in a Sam's Club, and they had a stack of these for like $75, and my dad was like "We should go ahead and get this for Billy and Shawn." FUCK YES DAD, SCORE! And my mom put her foot down and said no way in hell, it's massive and there is no room for it. We begged and told her we could put it at the end of the bed. No go. Never got it. Still pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post

This was the ultimate prize for me. One time we were in a Sam's Club, and they had a stack of these for like $75, and my dad was like "We should go ahead and get this for Billy and Shawn." FUCK YES DAD, SCORE! And my mom put her foot down and said no way in hell, it's massive and there is no room for it. We begged and told her we could put it at the end of the bed. No go. Never got it. Still pissed.
            Sorry mom I love you but you can sleep outside so we have room for this epicness! WIN!

I need this now!

Comment

Someone had that Battleship and took a picture of it. It fit exactly onto the top of a pool table.

That's how freaking huge it is.
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

It was the USS Flagg if I remember correctly. Probably the most awesome playset ever. Kinda sad knowing that a playset like this will probably never exist again.
                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

My uncle had it. it was fucking GLORIOUS.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

All my uncle had was duct tape, rope, and tons of potato salad.

Comment

Did he also host Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement?
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                        All my uncle had was duct tape, rope, and tons of potato salad.

That's a real real shame.

The fact he had no cole slaw on hand.
                        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Thank god all my uncle did was belly-tickle me till I peed on the rug.
                          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                            Thank god all my uncle did was belly-tickle me till I peed on the rug.
                            Mine did the exact same thing. I was 16 at the time.

Thank God he didn't have a basement!

Comment

Only a prototype was created. Never made full production. I would have KILLED to have had a G1 Unicron.

We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                              - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                                Only a prototype was created. Never made full production. I would have KILLED to have had a G1 Unicron.

I tried to get Rob to "Unicron" me when everyone got Unicorned. I guess he didn't catch it. SO MANY G1 TRANSFORMERS I STILL WANT!!!
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X