This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to be a guest star?

Do you have some stuff you want to talk about? Maybe shoot the shit with us? If so, add podcaust to your Skype contacts and post here! I'll post in this thread when we're looking for some guests! Hear yourself on the intarwebs!
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

What kinda headset would I need to do this?
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Probably any standard USB headset with mic works. I'm rocking a piece of shit Logitech one.

But I believe I got it to mostly work. Until I buy the recording program, it records the audio tracks together. I did a 20 min test with Helper this weekend and it sounded pretty decent, although my end was a little quieter. But still, pretty neat.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

And Skype is free you say?

Comment

yep, totally free when talking to someone else on skype. You can also call cellphones/land lines but I think that costs like .021 cents a minute or something.

Comment

The only issue would be having a guest on while Cj and I are recording. I don't think that would work. At least not with the setup I have now. But as a guest host or even a new feature on the podcast (*Coughcoughweekingeekcough...) it would work pretty smooth, as we could record that on a completely different day and I could edit it in to the podcast later.

Comment

This would be, as the kids say, "Totally Radical!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                This would be, as the kids say, "Totally Radical!"
                I think you are behind on the times.... the kids are now saying "FIERCE!".
                If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Kids no longer speak, they text.
                  Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                  Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                  POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Looking for our first guest spot! Post here if you are able to use Skype and are available before Friday!

Comment

Do we have a topic to discuss or would it just be us talking smack to each other?
                      "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

I might have to figure out this "sky-pee" thing. I don't have a USB headset, though. I wonder if I could use my PS3 headset or the one I have at work that goes through the 3.5mm jacks.

Comment

yo dude ill just do an in studio spot, roll out there and blow your minds
                          why not...

Comment

On my list of things to buy...1 USB headset.
                            Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterLaBeef View Post
                              Do we have a topic to discuss or would it just be us talking smack to each other?

I was toying with the idea of " Get to know your fellow PodCaustian" or something like that for a segment. Just shoot the shit, ask some questions, have a 5 or 10 min segment.

Comment

Working...
                              X