PodCaust Episode 21: BSG > CJL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PodCaust Episode 21: BSG > CJL

Episiode 21 is now operational. Topics include LOST, BSG, RTS games, Hedwig, Freaked, and more!
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Re: PodCaust Episode 21: BSG > CJL

Well, me and Big Bro just listened. I'm itching to do one of these sometime. I loved the Heroes hate and the RTS talk was great. Warcraft 2 was the high point for RTS's for me, but I would usually just spend 30-45 minutes building up this massive army, then spreading like herpes throughout the land. When Warcraft 3 came out, there was just too much crap added and I sucked hard donkle at the game. And fuck those british tards who stole the "caust" from you guys!
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Hah. Glad you weren't completely bored by our inane chattering. Yah. Stupid Brits.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Nah, it was some pretty entertaining shit. Nice to hear that CJ is, in fact, a real person.
        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

I concur, this was a pleasant listen this morning. We gotta do a west coast cast sometime...I've got some shit on my mind.
          Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

We're in the process of hooking some shit up that will allow us to do just this. We just need some free Skype accounts and it would be totally doable. We are also in the process of getting a phone number that people can call in and leave voice mails for that we can play on the podcast.

Comment

I think I have free skype with my flash drive...we gotta figure this out.

Comment

there's so much love for me on this podcast. haha. and i never said i hated lost because it didn't explain everything all at once. i dislike lost because the show uses loose plot devices that get explained a fucking season later or not at all, which makes people "addicted" to the show because they HAVE to know what's going on. and then when they finally do explain it, you basically have to go back to the times the plot device was used to understand it. lost doesn't have explain everything in the 40-45 minutes of the show, but it would be more helpful to viewers if they used their plot devices here and there or even reveal it through out the season. but not use it and leave it there.

and so that you know, i watched the show on and off for the past seasons. this is the first time i actually stuck to the show. i'm not a big fan of flashbacks, and they overloaded on them. especially in the beginning, when they would use like 10-15 minutes for the "present time" and about 30 minutes to explain how they got there.

but, and this is a big but, lost is entertaining if you have the TIME to spend on it. if you don't mind not knowing why something was used on the show, e.g. the fucking cabin or the fucking numbers, then it's cool. my brother is really into it and has been trying over and over to get me into it. i guess once i watch seasons 1-3 on dvd (which i have, just haven't bothered with yet) i might be able to get super excited about the show.

now with heroes. i will admit the show has had its ups and downs. especially with the 2nd seaons, there were a lot of downs. other than bell, the new characters were rather lackluster. and the relationship plot that they tried to introduce, well that EPIC FAILED all over the place. the cgi was fucking horrible. the first season was great because i didn't expect the final fight to be an all out brawl. the first fight between x-men and magneto in the comics wasn't an all out brawl. now that the characters on heroes have fought, i expect the next brawls to become increasingly epic and kring has admited to a lot of the issues that nerds have brought up and stated that he was going to correct them. that's why i've been sticking to them. because he knows what went wrong, has admitted to his mistakes and is willing to fix them asap.

and the point about heroes being a rip off of comics and kring stating that he's never read a comic in his life... i'll just say this: jeph loeb is a co-excutive and also a writer on that show. gee... i wonder why this show looks and sounds like a comic book.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

i know there's more stuff that was mentioned but i forgot it since i listened to this a few days ago.
                The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Haha. Nice.

Good points.

Comment

Forgot I listened to this before...listened again, still holds up.

Comment

Working...
                    X