The Pancake Breffust (Breakfast thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    I yell at Brittany at least once a week for being too lazy to run water over a plate for 10 seconds leaving 2 minutes of scrubbing to be done.
    fucking hate this. Roommates still suck at doing dishes.
    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• I would murder a Colorado omelette right now.

Comment

• I only had time for cereal today. I'll be destroying my dinner tonight.

Comment

• I bought some Kashii hot cereal (it's fucking oatmeal Japan, stop trying to trick us) and it's not bad. Probably could use a touch of honey on top, but pretty good. I had kolaches yesterday, again proving I have a serious addiction. But I only bought them once this week! That is a start...

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
            I bought some Kashii hot cereal (it's fucking oatmeal Japan, stop trying to trick us) and it's not bad.
            They did trick you, indeed... since they're as American as you or I.

Kashi (pronounced /ˈkæʃi/) is an American food company. Founded in October 1984 by Philip and Gayle Tauber, the La Jolla-based company sought a nutritionally balanced breakfast and began experimenting with different whole grains and seeds. Kashi was purchased by Kellogg Company in 2000 and is independently operated in La Jolla, California.
            After considering names such as "Gold'n Grains" and "Graino", the company decided on Kashi, a synthesis of "kashrut" and "Kushi", the last name of the founders of American macrobiotics.

Also...

Kashi has been criticized on the ground that it promotes the impression that its products are organic, even though many products are not. In response, the company has stated that it believes organic foods are important but admits that many of its products are non-organic.

Comment

• Those gaijin cocksuckers. I could care less about organic, but don't lead me into believing I'm eating magical school girl pixie dust when it's not.

Comment

• Did you know...

Over 90% of all E Coli outbreaks in the last decade have been caused by organically grown food?

That there have been no recorded deaths or even serious illnesses of anyone ingesting produce grown by modern techniques involving pesticides or fertilizers in that same amount of time?

If you truly want organic food... then grow it yourself. The sense of accomplishment is far greater when you enjoy the fruits of your own labor, and you also keep money out of the pockets of unscrupulous people who rely on your gullibility.

Comment

• But seriously, I don't think anyone on this board has that to fear. Chili cheese burritos are only organic on the way out.

Comment

• Carrying over from the "500 Favorites" thread: How do y'all make your hash browns? I'm generally shit at it and am pretty sure I'm doing it wrong.

My method:
                    1. Wash/grate russet potato
                    2. Add fuckload of butter to skillet
                    3. Add grated tater (grated onions if in the mood)
                    4. Stir-fry at first until golden, then mash into a flat mass, cooking over medium heat until well-done and brown on each side.

Sometimes they come out great, sometimes they come out "eh". Also, I miss my Lodge cast-iron skillet. I need to infiltrate the ex-girl's apartment and steal that thing back unless the no-cooking asshole threw it away.
                    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• I don't add much butter, just because I'm trying to get away from it. I go straight to the flat mess as well. I don't even bother attempting to stir fry. Just get all the taters into the skillet, even out, let cook on one side, then flip, cook the other side, NOM with syrup. I like mine a bit dry, I know some people like moist hash browns which is just...no...but dried out with syrup is a delicacy.

Comment

• My way is pretty much the same, except I use just a little oil when frying to make them crispy. And I always add onions.

Comment

• Yea, oil. You do use oil right Jake? The idea of not using oil makes me recoil in unfamiliarity.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post

If you truly want organic food... then grow it yourself. The sense of accomplishment is far greater when you enjoy the fruits of your own labor, and you also keep money out of the pockets of unscrupulous people who rely on your gullibility.

Thank you. $6 for "organic" milk???

Hope I don't wake up missing vital parts.
                            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                              Thank you. $6 for "organic" milk???

Hope I don't wake up missing vital parts.
                              Yes, but that goes past "Grow your own food" - unless you have your own cow, you can't really get your own organic milk.

If you have a Whole Foods near you, just don't buy the name brands. Their store brand, 365, is cheap as hell. That's what I buy - I steer clear of the name brands there unless there's no other alternative.
                              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post

If you have a Whole Foods near you, just don't buy the name brands. Their store brand, 365, is cheap as hell. That's what I buy - I steer clear of the name brands there unless there's no other alternative.

Forget it Lisa. This is Dayton.
                                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X