Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I was underwhelmed on that doc as well, especially in regards to how it quickly glossed over (or outright ignored) his failures. I did appreciate the deep dive into MUNICH, though...there was some good stuff in that sequence regarding the themes of the film as well as the film techniques employed.

But yeah, the home movies of Spielberg with DePalma, Scorsese, Lucas, etc were great.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• MECHANIC: RESURRECTION

Standard action fare, nothing to write home about and definitely not up to the first MECHANIC film (which I still consider to be one of Statham's best). Worth watching once if you're in the mood for some action but that's about it.
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        I did appreciate the deep dive into MUNICH, though...there was some good stuff in that sequence regarding the themes of the film as well as the film techniques employed.
        Munich is Top 5 Spielberg and a side to the man we haven't seen before or since with a powerful gut-punch of an ending. I saw that three times in theaters and dissected the DVD like crazy. Too bad that was lost in the shuffle with Brokeback Mountain and the bullshit-also-known-as-Crash at that year's Oscars. For a year where Hollywood was bitching about voting for a "relevant" film, they ignored the most relevant one in the batch, partially because it was just so... unflinching and like the truth, ugly. Been meaning to show Ana.

On a side-note, this is a great post on the many unmade projects he developed over the years. Some that I was never aware of (Flushed with Pride?!)

http://www.indiewire.com/2015/10/the...elberg-112055/
        Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 10-13-2017, 09:25 AM.
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• MUNICH is Spielberg's dramatic masterpiece, even over SCHINDLER'S LIST in my book. It would have been my pick for Best Picture that year, that's for sure. Glad I saw that one in the theaters.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
            Yeah, it's great how good the third act gets once all that goes away!
            Agree to disagree, sir! But I will say, my disappointment with the music stuff falling by the wayside was alleviated by Unhinged Jon Hamm. That dude needs to show up in more movies.

Comment

• THE BABYSITTER- I thought this was a lot of fun with some ridiculous gore. Is this the only thing McG has done in like a decade?

Comment

• Creep based on grave's recommendation.

Not bad but super boring for the first 40 mins or so. It was hard for me to shake Duplass's character from The League for the first half, but by mid way through it worked. Dug the ending too. That shit worked really well.

War for the Planet of the Apes - Dug the FUCK outta this one. Holy shit, it was soo good. Woody was fanfuckingtastic. The CGI in these are getting out of fucking control.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Creep owns. Can't wait for the sequel.

Comment

• Blade Runner 2049.

In bridging the ironies of the role of replicants and humans of the first film, K’s story I saw as being much more compelling here than Deckard’s realization of the humanity inherent in his quarry. Wrapping it all up in a mystery will do that, and adding on the aspects of K’s self-deception culminated in something quite heartbreaking.

While some aspects of the plot do feel cliched, they’re handled well enough to bring something interesting to the story and the world feels like a natural progression from the one that was already going to hell in the original.

Everybody in this is very good in their role, with special mentions for Sylvia Hoek’s character Luv, Drax, and the dream doctor lady whose name escapes me at the moment. Even Harrison tries!

But one thing that just drags on and on is the monologues of one Jared “I’M AN ACTOR” Leto as the Tyrell of current year. While on paper his character could be interesting, especially his reasons for doing what he does, but in the hands of Leto it all falls flat. And that sucks a lot of the wind out of what could be a devastating moment in the third act. But with the delivery, it really falls apart.

All in all, it’s better than what I had expected to get though there are some rough edges to it.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Prince of the City.

Lost in the shuffle in Sidney Lumet's legacy mostly because of how vast and impressive his filmography is. For a two hour and forty minute film about the moral grey area of police corruption... I kinda could have used an extra twenty minutes, give or take. A few details needed fleshing out.

But otherwise an excellent, sprawling piece of work with a great center performance by Treat Williams. Not entirely sure how you feel about the guy and whether he should have just kept his mouth shut and let these good (but flawed) cops keep doing their jobs.
                      Originally posted by Ari
                      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Decided to watch Split again. Man, this movie works on all fucking levels for me. Easily one of my favorite to come out in the last 5 years. I am AMPED for Glass. McAvoy's range during his awakening is still one of my favorite scenes.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Jimmy Mac has become one of those actors that I'll watch even if the movie turns out to be a dud.

I'm lookin' at you, Victor Frankenstein.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Victor was worth it because of him. Then it sucks when he sleepwalks through something like Apocalypse.

Comment

• His Professor X is pretty solid, even in that joke of a movie.

It's a shame he was pushed to the side to make way for the greatest actress on Earth.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I suppose you're right. He was just such a non entity in Apoc in such an overstuffed and oversilly film that I just lump him in with the rest of the junk.

Comment

Working...
                                X