The Great 2013 Console Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great 2013 Console Wars

Saw this on reddit this morning. My beef with the PS3 has always been it's shitty controller. Triggers that sucked, sticks too close for my heaving man hands, etc.

By all accounts they have fixed those for the PS4. And this controller looks huge.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Overall consensus seems to be that the controller discrepancy no longer exists, and plenty of people said PS4 controller was better for shooters, which I found to be weird. I am really interested in the Xbone controller being adjustable sensitivity though.

Comment

How is that different than changing the sensitivity in the options? Are we talking like adding weights and shit like in gamer mice?
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Yup, you can physically change the float/tightness in the sticks. Razer makes controllers that do it now.

Comment

hmms. That's cool that consoles are finally getting that, but FPS's still blow using a controller.

Comment

That PS4 controller looks like it might be reaching Duke proportions. Will people complain about that, I wonder? Although the S-controller was better, I always liked the Duke.

Comment

I'll be happy with the PS4 controller if I can push both sticks towards each other without my thumbs colliding.

Comment

Rob has Busterhand.

Comment

yeah I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    hmms. That's cool that consoles are finally getting that, but FPS's still blow using a controller.
                    Can't play FPS on keyboard and mouse anymore. I plug in my controller and use it.

Comment

that's sad. you make me sad. I am now sad.

Comment

There, there, Rob.

Question for you gamer types: are either of these consoles a killer app that you gotta have? I'm asking because I don't see the need to upgrade either my PS3 or my Xbox. What am I missing?
                        Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

It's all about the games/new tech for me. that's my weakness. At launch both systems will have roughly the same games. IT's the exclusives coming out within the first year that will be what will help your decision. Sony has roughly 15 brand new IP's out within the first year. I'm not quite sure what Microsoft will have but it may be comparable.

The Xbox wants to take over your entertainment center. The PS4 wants to be a console. That's one of the biggest differences that I see. For me it's the fact that Microsoft is still fucking over the independent developers while Sony is embracing them. That's good for the simple reason that some of the best games in the last few years have been outside of the giant developers and on the PS4 they will flourish.

Comment

I like games. I want new games. Do you need one the first year? Not really. You'll get a TON of stuff on the older generations still. Unless you are hardcore and NEED the newest and best wait a year.

Comment

What Billy said. I love games way too much to not buy a system at launch. I WILL WATCH ALL THE DOGS.

Comment

Working...
                              X