Games I've Played/Beaten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games I've Played/Beaten

Since people like to do the "I'm going to list every movie I watch this year" thing, I've decided to document the games I've played/beaten this year instead. My goal is to play more games and beat the games I buy. This will be a way to document my successes and failures this year in gaming.

1. Uncharted 3 -BEATEN : Sticking with the same formula as the other two, this game was one beautiful game to look at and one pain in the ass and annoying game at the same time. Like in other entries in the series, Naughty Dog decides that the last 1/3 of the game needs to have stupid fucking annoying new enemies that disrupt the flow. While this game has some amazing set pieces, it doesn't come close to the awesomeness that was the second one.
    2. Lollipop Chainsaw - BEATEN : Suda 51 teams up with James Gunn to create a ridiculously short yet interesting mashup of a game. Taking elements from God of War (fighting combos), RPGS (purchasing items to level up your skills/health, etc), and shout outs to classic horror movies (Fulci, George Romero, Carpenter, etc), this game succeeds mostly because it doesn't take itself seriously at all. While some of the writing is ridiculous misogynistic, Juliet takes that shit in stride and fucks up zombies with ease. The boss fights are pretty fun and the voice acting is great. You can't go wrong with Michael Rooker as a demonized Viking who calls you a bitch constantly. Much more fun than the shitty Shadows of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw deserves to be played by anyone who is a fan of the horror genre and James Gunn. Plus you can totally beat this game in under 6 hours.
    3. Street Fighter X Tekken - BEATEN : Yeah, it's a fighting game and to beat one isn't a big deal. But I technically beat it a few times with different characters. The mixture of SF and Tekken guys is a weird one that somehow works. Mostly due to the fact that all the moves have been Street Fighterized which helps people jump in and play. The gem combo system is a neat addition allowing some extra customization to your character picks and the tag team formula adds some extra oomph to the slightly tired SF genre. Plus you can grab this for like 20 bucks now at Best Buy.
    4. Sound Shapes -BEATEN : One of my new favorite PSN titles. This platformer/music game is both amazing and addictive at the same time. Really enjoying the different albums you can play through and the ability to create your own levels is a blast. Ceej and I were trying to create the hardest levels we could the other night and were laughing our asses off as we both tried to play each others levels. Highly Recommended.
    5. Final Fantasy IX - PLAYING: I just started this up last night. I played it a bit back when it first came out but haven't touched it since. This is how Final Fantasy should be. Filled with interesting characters, races, and just plain weirdness. None of the hyper real bullshit that has been coming out since FF10 hit. I love having a Black Mage in my party, a weird Tranny looking Knight, and playing a monkey man as a main character is great. This game is one of my goals for 2013. I will beat this dammit.
    6. Halo 4 - BEATEN - I say it's tied with Reach for being the best game in the series. That ending was badfuckingass.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

1. XCOM - Beat it on easy. Will never beat it on normal. Wish I could go back in with my squad and base and just do missions and continue to build up my army.

2. Mists of Pandaria - Constantly playing. Cut back a lot, without a solid guild not having as much fun.

Comment

Hoping to have XCOM back from Ceej this week so I can go ahead and beat it finally.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Should find out this week what game my in-laws got me. If its not x-com, ill be picking it up.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

1. Halo 4: Only played multiplayer, haven't started the campaign.
          2. BLOPS 2: Only played multiplayer, haven't started the campaign.
          3. Google Zamboni Game: Got to ice hockey level, ran out of gas.
          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Dead Space 3 - So far so good. I still stomp the fuck outta fools, and also cut them in half. Only about an hour in so far.

Minecraft 360 Edition - Barbara has been wanting to get into games. She read a bunch of articles on how to get your non-gaming girlfriend into games, and they all said co-op and they all said Minecraft. So I broke down and got it. The creative mode is fucking BLISS for me. Just says fuck it here's materials go nuts. You still get the enemies and shit, but they can't kill you. At about 10:30 she asked the time, so I told her. "But when I just got up a minute ago to pee it was only 8!" Yup, welcome to gaming babe.

Comment

Games beaten in 2013 only:

Far Cry 3 - So so so good. Even after I beat it I spent a few days picking up the last achievements to 1000/1000 it. If they come out with Dino DLC I'll be so happy to return to it

Dishonored - Beat it killing everyone, and then beat it again killing no one for the entire game. The 2nd playthrough was surprisingly way more enjoyable.

Medal of Honor: Warfighter - Pretty mediocre. If someone made a drinking game out of this every time they spout off some military bullshit jargon you could die of alcohol poisoning during any 30 seconds of the game

the Walking Dead - amazing. The end completely destroyed me. The gameplay itself wasn't anything to write home about but still one of the more powerful gaming experiences I've had.
              XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

El Shaddai - Couple hours in. One character broke the fourth wall and said "if you're good enough you should be able to beat this in 7 hours!" so hopefully I can get through it this week.

Comment

Finally 100%'ed the Dead Spaces I own. On to the more rpg centric ones once finals are done, with Skyrim and Borderlands being chief among them.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

Beat Sleeping Dogs today. Really great game, and looks incredible on PC with the high res texture pack. Going to dive back in and work on the side missions, because all the story telling and voice acting is top notch.

Comment

Beat Halo 4 today. I say it's tied with Reach for being the best game in the series. That ending was badfuckingass.

Comment

100%'ed Bioshock Infinite. I can't recall the last time a game so thoroughly lorded over my free time. Really want to go back and play the first two now.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Tomb Raider and Tropico 4 down. Tropico remains awesome, great sense of humor. Debating falling into a sandbox mode game.

Comment

The Last of Us - Beaten.

Alpha Protocol - Beaten

Comment

Diabro 3.

What a nice little life-affirming ending. Neat.

On to shutting all of this shit down and just working on work (yeah right).
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                              X