Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Sandwich Thread For Sandwich Whores...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Sandwich Thread For Sandwich Whores...

History tells us this...

The 'sandwich' was named after John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich, an 18th-century English aristocrat, although he was neither the inventor nor sustainer of the food. It is said that he ordered his valet to bring him meat tucked between two pieces of bread, and because Montagu also happened to be the Fourth Earl of Sandwich, others began to order "the same as Sandwich!". It is said that Lord Sandwich was fond of this form of food because it allowed him to continue playing cards, particularly cribbage, while eating without getting his cards greasy from eating meat with his bare hands.

Thank God for this man...

Name your favorite. Tell us why. Throw a recipe or 12 in this bitch. Make it happen!
    Monte Cristo?
    15.38%
    Cuban?
    15.38%
    Zep?
    7.69%
    Bacon?
    0.00%
    Double Bacon?
    15.38%
    PB&J?
    7.69%
    Meatball?
    15.38%
    Anything, as long as the bread is good?
    23.08%

Shit...Sangwiches are the perfect food. If you think about it, you can literally get every food group on one. Fruit: Tomato, Veggies: Lettuce Grains: Bread Meat: FUCKING MEAT Dairy: Cheese Fats/Oils: Mayo/Mustard...that's what's goodie.

My favorite is either a corned beef with swiss or pastrami with swiss (both made Jewish deli style non-Kosher of course) or a meatball.

I have posted pics of the meatball subs I have created, but it's very basic. Meatballs (homemade or frozen), pasta sauce, provolone, mozzarella, and parmesean all on a French roll (grinder, bolillo whatever). Throw that bitch in the oven of a min or two to get proper meltage. And then pass out from the glory.
    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

They really are the perfect food. As Bryan pointed out, you can have all four food groups in one handy place, you don't need silverware, and it's delicious! What's not to love about sandwiches?

(And I voted for the zep, Vin!)
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

My fav would have to be a BLT with fresh lettuce, thick slices of fresh tomato, and tons of crispy bacon. Damn.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        Originally posted by Martin
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Nice bacon sandwich or a grill cheese = manna from heaven. Especially when my wife makes 'em.

Comment

I really do love a Cubano, but I save that for going to the Cuban joint. At home it's pastrami, peppered salami, any other cheap cuts at the deli counter, and jalapeno jack cheese. Bread just depends on what is fresh at the bakery when I go, but always hot. Cold sammiches can die.

Comment

Hot ham and cheese is the best fucking omg I'm starving but have little time to waste on a sandwich sammich. Butter up that bread, filled the inside with the goods, and let that delicious cheese melt out the corners, then flip. MY GOD ITS FULL OF STARS.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                Hot ham and cheese is the best fucking omg I'm starving but have little time to waste on a sandwich sammich. Butter up that bread, filled the inside with the goods, and let that delicious cheese melt out the corners, then flip. MY GOD ITS FULL OF STARS.

/nohomo

Comment

I caved. I ordered a small sub for dinner. I had to keep it reasonably healthy, so I couldn't go whole hog. But I got turkey with lettuce, tomato and onion, and oil and vinegar on Italian bread. Just waiting for the nomminess to arrive!
                  2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    Gotta agree with this since I had a ham/sharp cheddar on croissant for lunch.
                    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uuhcDXyGrEI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uuhcDXyGrEI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

This is a motherfuckin' sandwich.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

In NY next week...where can I get the honest ZEP...give me a name and address if possible.

Comment

I'm not sure about NY... but we can meet up in Philly if you want to take a side trip. Several places only a few blocks from me.

Comment

Originally posted by V View Post
                              I'm not sure about NY... but we can meet up in Philly if you want to take a side trip. Several places only a few blocks from me.
                              I wish, but I don't have the time. Fly in Tuesday night, meetings all day Weds and Thurs, Fly out Friday. Weak...

Comment

Working...
                              X