This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Fallout 4. That's a game I will play.

Comment

• Looks like Fallout alright.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Meh.
          XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I dont think I've ever finished a fallout game. Its like the elder scrolls series for me, I buy the games, spend a hundred hours fucking around exploring everything, doing side stuff and goofing off and never actually complete the campaign before I get bored and quit or new games come out and I move on.

And that's mostly my fault, but I'm pretty burned out on those experiences and the trailer didn't really show anything to excite me about a new release, it was basically 'Look! More of that exact same thing from 2008 and 2010!! Its that thing still ok! You want it cause its fallout!'
              XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• The only Elder Scrolls game I beat was Skyrim. And I actually kind of rushed through the story then went off and ventured into the unknown for a hundred hours.

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8fs2Yh1PFwM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• rad

Comment

• But will it default to inverted vertical axis control, the way God intended?

This is possibly what will get me to try PC gaming.

Comment

• XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• FALLOUT > WITCHER

Comment

• Fallout is a boner-inducing concept that never seems to truly grasp its potential. Same with Elder Scrolls (Bethesda finally renders dragons well and there is no option to just fucking fly around on one? Way to be as lazy and myopic as I am).

The scale of things never feels quite right, and neither do the stakes whenever they're established in the story being told. Consequently, everything is a bit smaller than it should be, but maybe as hardware gets better, that may right itself (not holding my breath for something groundbreaking, as I'd be perfectly fine continuing to feed my hoarder tendencies whilst scrounging in the commonwealth of Boston).

VATS is somewhat antiquated at this point, and is better implemented in RTS games like XCOM, so I wonder how everything will end up upon release. Will they stick to the system in place or change it up a bit and make it more in line with the slickness of other FPS combat sims (finally)? I hope so.

Otherwise, it will just be an alright experience when it could be much much more.

The Witcher is alright. Miles ahead in storytelling, even when the protagonist can't emote at all. That's saying something.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              FALLOUT > WITCHER
                              Naw. Plus that's a pretty dumb comparison. Despite both being open world RPGs they are nothing alike.

Comment

• yeah, I know. That was the joke based on the screenshot that Trejo posted.

But for reals, GERALT IS A BITCH.

Comment

Working...
                                X