Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Television

Television Television is the food of the gods.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:40 PM
is ready for turkey

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Pan Am seems like Grey's Anatomy but in the 60's and on an airplane.

Playboy Club was just boring.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:45 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Smashington View Post
Pan Am seems like Grey's Anatomy but in the 60's and on an airplane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Smashington
Playboy Club was just boring.
I expected as much.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:12 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

It's impossible for the Playboy fucking Club to be on non-premium cable and be the least bit interesting. There must be tons of plastic blond bimbos collecting the entire STD Topps card collection in the grotto.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:15 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG View Post
It's impossible for the Playboy fucking Club to be on non-premium cable and be the least bit interesting. There must be tons of plastic blond bimbos collecting the entire STD Topps card collection in the grotto.
Yeah, but go take a look at how women actually used to look like fucking women back then.

Agreed on the non-premium channel issue. HOW DO I INTO PLAYBOIZE CLUB? TV-14? HERRO?
Old 09-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oXx0qwe0wc
Old 09-28-2011, 07:18 PM
My wife's son

Still awesome. Definitely the best part of RE4.

I'm serious.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Fleshlight King

I love RE4 to pieces, and I still agree.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:04 PM
My wife's son

Watched the Bonerwalken Imperator second season premiere.

Van Alden's break from reality is going to be amazing.

Like the song announced character intention, "once you got it, you don't want it anymore," as I'm feeling the same way as Nuck regarding Margaret. Pretty bland conflicts in the realm of domesticity, but hey, Bug-eyed Bilbo asked for it. The Harrow/Darmody show is still great. Omar is fucked.

Eli confirmed for the role of Fredo.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:53 AM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

Nuck and Margaret have a great scene in the next episode. She's showing her value to Nuck.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Right meow!

Nathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The Fahey

Into season 2 of breaking bad. The wife putting up all those missing signs for Walt was pretty touching.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:04 PM
My wife's son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy225 View Post
Nuck and Margaret have a great scene in the next episode. She's showing her value to Nuck.
Good deal. Gonna watch that over lunch.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:49 PM
My wife's son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy225 View Post
Yep. You're right. I like her much more when she's duplicitous.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:52 AM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

I hear ya - she's yet another great character in a show filled to the brim with 'em.

Just occurred to me that she was Diane in Trainspotting!

Old 10-15-2011, 05:36 PM
My wife's son

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTTFACE FROM BUTTCHAN in regards to American Horror Story
>catch crazy patient of yours trying to bang your teen daughter
>be seduced by 70 year old maid that looks 20 to you and smoking hot
>fap furiously by the window
>cry
>chase some freak that tried to warn you

all that in 1 minute

this show man, this show
The more I think about it, the more that pilot episode made me laugh my ass off in terms of left turn plot developments.

And all in one fucking episode.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:42 PM
My wife's son

Started watching Warehouse 13 again after it showed up on streaming.

Fun if derivative. Always a pleasure to see Saul Rubinek and CCH Pounder.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:19 PM
massing near Sullust

Bobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
Close enough.
That was very funny, mate. Nice work. Also, you might like Have I Got News for You, if you enjoy QI. Same type of deal. British celebs get a chance to crack jokes about what's in the news that week and occasionally answer questions. It's like 8 Out of 10 Cats for people who read The Guardian instead of The Sun or The Daily Star.

Your Gooner mate Davies is the sort of cat they get normally so it's a pretty good crowd.

Quote:
All of these blatant Mad Men format clones depicting the "golden era of white people being unapologetically white" sound pretty lame, but the painfully attractive Amber Heard convinced me to watch a horrible movie called Remember the Daze because she was in it in short shorts and I can't remember what I was saying.
I feel your pain. The annoyingly attractive Amber Heard persuaded me to pick up All The Boys Love Mandy Lane.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:20 PM
My wife's son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Bear View Post
That was very funny, mate. Nice work. Also, you might like Have I Got News for You, if you enjoy QI. Same type of deal. British celebs get a chance to crack jokes about what's in the news that week and occasionally answer questions. It's like 8 Out of 10 Cats for people who read The Guardian instead of The Sun or The Daily Star.
Thanks for the heads up on that one, Bobby. I've expended the entire backlog of QI much more quickly than I'd anticipated.

RE: Amber Heard: Someone understands.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:51 PM
massing near Sullust

Bobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up on that one, Bobby. I've expended the entire backlog of QI much more quickly than I'd anticipated.

RE: Amber Heard: Someone understands.
My pleasure, mate. If you fancy something a little less high-brow but even funnier, this is still the high watermark for U.K. comedy quiz shows. It's a music-based quiz. Remarkably consistent, too; surviving several presenter/team captain changes and still delivering the goods. Noel Fielding - A.K.A. the one with indie boy hair from The Mighty Boosh - is one of the current regulars.

Aside from a wealth of musicians from almost any genre you'd care to name, the list of former celeb guests and presenters is like a roll call for comedians and TV personalities. Bill Bailey (the sci-fi reader policeman from Hot Fuzz), Phil Jupitus, Mark Lamarr, Simon Amstell, Sean Hughes. On and on. So great.

RE: Amber Heard: I'm amazed more people don't understand us.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:15 PM
My wife's son

I see a Jupitus.

I have the feeling I'll be mining that show's backlog as well.

Thanks again for the directions to the Quizdrome, I'm sure I'll find it now.

Last edited by Captain Russ; 10-17-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:26 PM
massing near Sullust

I'm happy to do it, mate. It's a joy to introduce someone to these shows.

Buzz
is brilliant. Truly laugh-out-loud TV. The Mark Lamarr era (around ten years ago) is what got me into it. That's still probably my favourite period for the show, but Amstell's stint was great, too. Lots of the guest celeb presenters they've had in more recent years were memorable as well. Mark Ronson really surprised me with how funny he was.