Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Television

Television Television is the food of the gods.

Old 07-11-2017, 04:05 PM
The red capes are coming

Fil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
I really dug the first episode.

"Don't miss."

DUDE HAS GIANT NUTS.
Yeah, this was a great line.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:33 AM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG View Post
Ten minutes into The Defiant Ones and I am already in love.
We watched the first two episodes last night. Great shit.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:58 PM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

Halfway into GLOW and it is fantastic.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:30 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

This whole Twin Peaks: The Return thing.

It's bizarre in ways that harken back to the student film days of Lynch.

At present, a lot of people (bandwagoners) seem to be turned off by the decompressed storytelling and often experimental nature of scenes. But that's been modern Lynch. Mullholland Drive and Inland Empire are definitely at the edges of the frame as far as manner of approach is concerned.

There is a whole lot to enjoy in this so far, but also a large amount of padding in the scenes.

Strangely, this stretching of scenes can sometimes hit the right note during the play of a specific music piece, but sometimes it misses the mark. But does Lynch care? Probably not.

It's a fine injection of certifiably strange television that I look forward to each week. Maybe it's because it is unlike every other thing out there right now that holds much of the appeal, but it is slowly coming around to a more standard narrative with a sprinkle of dream logic.

I don't know where it's going entirely, and for that, I'm quite grateful.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:32 PM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

I still need to watch the original series. I think we made it half way through before I gave up. It felt too meandering for my tastes but I realize that I'm in the minority here. Lesley still really wants to check it out so I'm assuming we will here soon again at some point.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:41 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Those first two seasons are far removed in the tone of the third.

They were more spoofs of the soaps of the era but held a subtext that was fully explored in the film. The movie is incredibly strange, dark, and heartbreaking.

But in all of these things, the pacing is always a bit slower than you're probably up for. But your mileage may vary.

When things hit, they hit relatively hard, but the learning curve can be steep when you're not in the headspace to examine the inner workings of an insane man with a fantastic head of hair.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:49 PM
Right meow!

Nathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The Fahey

Russ!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2017, 04:00 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
I still need to watch the original series. I think we made it half way through before I gave up. It felt too meandering for my tastes but I realize that I'm in the minority here. Lesley still really wants to check it out so I'm assuming we will here soon again at some point.
Halfway is where it goes off the rails. There's a guide out there for what episodes you actually need to watch.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:06 PM
My wife's son

Consult yourself.

You really need a guide?

Training wheels should be off so you can endure the ridiculousness everybody else endured before you.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:01 AM
is fancy

Checked out the first episode of Room 104 on HBO this weekend. It was fun and creepy. i dug it.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:29 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

What's Room 104?
Old 07-31-2017, 11:32 AM
is fancy

Anthology series by the Duplass Brothers
Old 07-31-2017, 12:01 PM
My wife's son

Mumblecore no more.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:16 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

Let me know if Peachfuzz shows up.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:22 PM
is fancy

Your reference is lost on me

The second season of People of Earth started up last week. I fucking love this goddamn show. For whatever reason the humor really works for me and I love the group of actors/actresses they put together. Jeff and his disdain for the Cube is hilarious.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:04 PM
is fancy

Old 08-02-2017, 01:05 PM
is fancy

new show on Netflix. First two episodes are directed by David Fincher. I'm totally fucking in,.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:11 AM
is fancy

Old 08-03-2017, 04:10 PM
Fleshlight King

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YES that looks great.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:56 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Your reference is lost on me
Go watch CREEP, should still be on Netflix, Rob.