No announcement yet.

TPBs and Omnibuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read it a while ago, and it was very affecting.

His relationship with his father, as being a guy that was removed from his dad's experiences, and being able to translate his accounts into a visceral and sympathetic story of surviving such unknown horror is an amazing feat. The anthropomorphized characters are just icing on the cake.

I fucking love Art.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Read Moore's Miracleman run.

I feel equally horrified and awestruck, as well as the all-consuming need to scrub the dirt from my soul.

Fuck Kid Miracleman.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Got Craig Thompson's new OGN, Habibi. Haven't cracked it open yet, but it looks absolutely gorgeous inside and out.

The reason behind the delay? BONE. The one volume edition to be specific. I'd never read it, but decided to finally buy it in one collection and tear through it.

It is so great. Jeff Smith is able to incorporate so many different and fantastic things into this book (the cartoon character in a world occupied by real people, Henson-like creatures, clever sight gags, instantly endearing character designs and personalities) that I feel terrible for taking this long to pick it up. Beautiful cartooning and undeniably entertaining.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Bone is fantastic.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
            Also picked up the Gabe & Fabio's Daytripper. I'm going to take my time with it. The end to each of the stories so far has just been a gutpunch, so I'll arrive at the end without being an emotional wreck (probably not, but for such a reason I am keeping it at arms length).
            Finished this on the plane ride home. If it hadn't been for the babby crying three rows away and recycled air making me sleepy, I'd have been sobbing like ginger Brendan Frasier in that Bedazzled remake.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I guess there's a new SANDMAN omnibus out now with annotations in it, pointing out all of the obscure references in the writing and the artwork. Anyone seen this yet?
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Nope - I still have the original trades, minus Endless Nights and some of the spin-off titles. Not quite ready to double dip yet.

Comment

• Haven't read them in years but was thinking about going through them again. Thought it might be fun to read the annotated versions.
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    Haven't read them in years but was thinking about going through them again. Thought it might be fun to read the annotated versions.

I've heard about the new omnibus, haven't seen it yet.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Never read Sandman.

Speaking of sand...

The Jim Henson book is trippy as hell from the word 'go'.

Example (page 4,5 splash):

Mind you, that sock hop is taking place in a town right out of a Leone movie. And everyone is painted blue.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• If you have even a passing (gas) interest in horror or comics or just straight gorgeous art and great writing, pick up SEVERED.

Seriously.

It's just seven issues, but it is a great bit of work.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Picked up Locke & Key Vol 5 last weekend. Re-read the first 4 last night and started on 5. I fucking love the shit outta this series. It's starting to feel a bit like Lost now in Vol 5, but in a good way. It's hard to put it down.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Gabe Rodriguez is a freak.

I want to be a freak.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• OMG Book 5 was FUCKING AMAZING. Seriously. I can't wait to see how it all ends. One of my favorite stories in a long fucking time. The stuff with the time key was GREAT.

Comment

• Invincible: Ultimate Collection Vols. 1-7.

WOW.

Thank you, one and all, for getting both me and Jen hooked on this. Truly wonderful stuff - love Kirkman's writing, art's pretty good too. Moves along at a brisk pace, and I really, really love the uncluttered continuity in this - very easy to follow and jump into. Great character beats also - love watching Invincible go from a noob to a well-seasoned superhero, questioning his effectiveness as he matures.

Also, Atom Eve. Yowza.

Highly recommended.

Comment

Working...
                                X