No announcement yet.

Scott Pilgrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had to avoid this thread due to spoilers.

But GODDAMN WHAT AN ENDING!

Truly the best for last. And such cute drawings.

Spoiler: Spoiler 
    Who knew Stephen Stills went queer?
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
        Spoiler: Spoiler 
      Who knew Stephen Stills went queer?
        Spoiler:  
      That worked like crazy for me. Now, to skim back through the earlier volumes and read way too much into probably innocuous moments that seem to foreshadow that revelation.
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• I haven't re-read the books in sometime but:

Spoiler: SPOILER 
        I don't remember noticing anything. But it wasn't as if we ever had focus on Stephen Stills. Now if only we could have learned about Other Scott. He looked particular fetching in his off-model anime way ;p
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
          I haven't re-read the books in sometime but:

Spoiler: SPOILER 
          I don't remember noticing anything. But it wasn't as if we ever had focus on Stephen Stills. Now if only we could have learned about Other Scott. He looked particular fetching in his off-model anime way ;p
            Spoiler:  
          Me neither. Aside from the on again-off again relationship with the (admittedly less than "girlie") Julie, there wasn't much to indicate anything along those lines. Even that seems to be stretching it, though, 'cos Julie's totally my "type" and there's nothing I remember from Stephen's Cobain-esque college days that fits the bill either.

That's one of the things that made Stephen my favourite character. He always seemed very well fleshed-out in relatively little time. Just mysterious enough. I'm glad he got a big moment that worked as well as that did.
          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Really liked the last book and was surprised by the ending.

Spoiler: book 6 
            The revelation about Stephen Stills was surprising but puts a lot of book five into perspective. I figured Joseph was just kind of particular and bitchy but apparently it was more than that. It was kind of a bummer that Kim wasn't featured throughout the book but, then again, it really was about wrapping up Ramona-Scott stuff. I was sure it was going to be Kim and Scott at the end, though.

The revelation of how Gideon had control over Ramona was a lot darker than I expected. Pretty fucked up, actually.

Comment

• So damn excited for Friday night. I'm trying to keep expectations reasonable, but I have faith in Edgar Wright to kick my ass with awesome again.

Comment

• I wasn't a fan of the ending dammit.
                  Spoiler: spoilers 
                I wanted him to end up with Kim or Lisa even. I did dig the shit with Envy and Gideon's ex girlfriends though. Also how he fucked with all of Scott's memories, that was golden.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                X