Favorite Batman flick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Batman flick

So far that is. I'm not even putting TDK up here yet. I'd honestly have to say it's a tie between Returns and Mask of the Phantasm. Returns was the movie that started my love affair with messed up women, killer penguins and skintight vinyl and MotP was fucking awesome on the big screen as a 12 year old.

The first one actually bored me after seeing it once in the theater when it first came out. And I fucking loved anything. It just seemed to drag to me as a kid after a certain point. As I got older I came to appreciate the set design and how it really pulled you in. But I still hated so many parts. Jack's Joker (while awesome at the time and he has his moments) is just Jack as Jack in white paint. I totally dig Keaton as Batman but would have loved to see him as the Joker instead. I still love the "Who are youuuuu?!? I'm BATMAN!" scene as that was shot and edited brilliantly. And I did dig that the Joker used Smilex gas. Plus the score was fucking fantastic.
    Batman: '66
    0.00%
    Batman
    14.29%
    Batman Returns
    42.86%
    Batman Forever
    0.00%
    Batman and Robin
    0.00%
    Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
    14.29%
    Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
    0.00%
    Batman Begins
    28.57%
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

and we can only pick one? what the hell man? gahhhh.
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Yep. Make your choice!
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Right now, it's between Returns and Begins, as I've still never seen Mask of the Phantasm. Dark Knight will probably get my top spot after this Friday, but if I had to pick my personal favorite right this very second, I would say Begins.

No, I'd say Returns.

Ah, but Ari, Begins had such a great orgin story, with interesting characters and a more realistic approach.

True, but Ari, Returns had the Elfman score, the DeVito Penguin, the best Catwoman ever, exploding penguins, Chris Walken, Pee Wee, and groping.

Yeah, but Ari,...well actually, you're right. Returns wins.

Ha, I'm always right, beyatch!
        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Exactly. Returns is fucking fantastic.

I hit puberty early because of that....and I all I knew was that I wanted to be Batman more than ever....

Comment

Gotta go with Returns. Parts of it I do despise, however. But it was really creepy. Plus it has the Pfeiffer.
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

And I dig the hell outta DeVito's penguin look. I hated the Penguin before that because he was just some pretentious douche in a suit.

Comment

All that black spit he had goin' on was nasty!

Comment

When he's just nom nom nomin on that fish...awesome...

Comment

When he groped that politic groupie, I had myself a new hero.
                    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                        When he groped that politic groupie, I had myself a new hero.
                        Indeed! Wasn't that Jan Hooks from SNL?

Comment

I believe so.

Comment

She had huge.........tracts of land.

Comment

I'd have to go with Mask of the Phantasm with Batman Begins a close second and Returns a close third. The Animated Series was too awesome. Mark Hamill as the Joker is genius.

"What's an old timer like you want with a two-timer like me?"
                              "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Working...
                              X