Alien Anthology to hit blu on Oct 26.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I came very, VERY close to killing 'Aliens'. I saw it something like 7 times in the theater (including quite a few drunken midnight showings) and countless times on VHS. I can really only watch it on special occasions now, whereas I can watch any of the others without fear of 'killing' them.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Also THAT.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Someone on CHUD posted a link indicating that the people who did the 'Blade Runner' blu-ray are also doing this boxed set. Concerns over 'Aliens' MAAAAAY be unfounded.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Holy fuck. Screenshots look amazing. Any word that the docs from the Quadrilogy are being all reproduced in this set?
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I just hope it doesn't become painfully obvious it is Man In Suit.
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                Someone on CHUD posted a link indicating that the people who did the 'Blade Runner' blu-ray are also doing this boxed set. Concerns over 'Aliens' MAAAAAY be unfounded.

Some of them are the same creative talent. The same hodgepodge is also working with Lucasfilm for the SW releases next year.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WcKJY8V1iIk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WcKJY8V1iIk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcKJY...layer_embedded
                  We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                  - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

very pumped for this.

Has anyone found any good deals online for this? So far, the cheapest that I've found the set is for $90 and change.

Comment

Just picked up the new Empire today. I've not read the full review yet, but they gave each individual film from this set some pretty great scores. Lots of 5 out of 5's, especially for the extras.

Can't help but really look forward to this.
                      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

BUY IT THROUGH OUR AMAZON LINKS CAUSE THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.

Comment

Will do.
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

This came in the mail yesterday and I came shortly thereafter. WOW is this gorgeous.

Comment

What is different from the Quadrilogy? I saw this at Costco over the weekend and had to fight the impulse to throw it in the cart...along with a shitload of other things. All the fancy gift sets are in stock and all I see is money flying out of my wallet.

Comment

there's a lot of carry-over from the Quarilogy, no lie. What you ARE getting:
                                - incredible looking transfers, especially on 'Alien' and 'Aliens'
                                - an improved 'Alien 3' workprint cut
                                - more bonus material, including a 21 minute longer version of the 'Alien 3' documentary that puts back in MORE Fincher-vs-Fox stuff.
                                - more deleted scenes.

Comment

Working...
                                X