Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transformers

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=241

pretty much sums up the reasons why i hated transformers and really any michael bay movie.
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Re: transformers

Dude. Transformers was awesome for being based off of a shitty kids cartoon. Plus Megan Fox is hotter than hell. The only thing I hated was Megatron's new design. It was way too busy looking. Othewise, it was a decent action flick with some awesome battle scenes. And how can you hate Bad Boys 2? That's like one of the best 80's movies that wasn't actually released in the 80's.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I have yet to see Bad Boys 2, but Hot Fuzz convinced me I must. And to pick on Transformers is weak. The fact that anyone got an entertaining movie out of an 80's toy line is an amazing feat. So, I'll take Transformers anyday over that other live action film based on an 80's cartoon starring a certain buff foreign blond actor and Courtny Cox.
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

"Shit's about to hit the fan..."
        bad boys 2 was great, Transformers was probably one of the best flicks I've seen in a while. I have re-watched this sooooo many times, mostly for Megan Fox...but Shia is pretty funny, plus Spielberg didn't allow Bay to fuck it up.

BTW, as far as I'm concerned, Dolph Lundgren was an 80's god. Come on, he was He-Man, The Punisher and Drago...He-Man was the shit!!!!!!!!!
        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

The Punisher was great. Dolph cruising on his motorcycle in the sewers and Louis Gossett Jr. Good shit. He-man on the other hand confused the hell outta me when I was a kid. I loved the cartoon and toys, but the movie made no sense. And Gwildor is no fucking Orko. Although Gold Skeletor was cool.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

masters of the universe was awesome from what i remember... but it's been over 15 years since i saw that movie.

reasons why i hated transformers the movie: inane product placement, just like in that crap-fest "the island." the plot line that fizzed out at the end. oh and the fact that the highly classified government secret was revealed to the characters because they had an encounter with the transfomers. ugh.

the best action movies of 2007 were: live free or die hard, shoot 'em up, death proof, and planet terror. at least out of the movies i've seen.

Comment

Live Free or Die Hard: Great action flick, NOT a Die Hard movie.
              Shoot 'Em Up: Live action Loony Tunes cartoon. Fun, extremly stupid film
              The Grindhouse films: Both great, split up, Planet Terror holds up better than Death Proof

Grindhouse > Transformers > Live Free or Screw Off > Shoot 'Em Up

And Masters of the Universe gave a giant "FUCK YOU" to it's audience when:
              1) He-Man went to Earth
              2) No transformation into Prince Adam
              3) No Battle Cat

Comment

Originally posted by Ari

Grindhouse > Transformers > Live Free or Screw Off > Shoot 'Em Up

And Masters of the Universe gave a giant "FUCK YOU" to it's audience when:
                1) He-Man went to Earth
                2) No transformation into Prince Adam
                3) No Battle Cat
                Agree...

Comment

Masters of the Universe barely resembled the cartoon. And what was it's core audience? Kids that watched the damn cartoon! Transformers was a lot more faithful to the source material, and appealed to the kids that grew up with it (us) and kids of this current generation (try to find an Ultimate Bumblebee in stores). Was it a perfect masterpiece? Not a bit. I had some problems with it, but overall it did a damn fine job in bringing a cartoon that was 20 years old to the big screen. And how many other cartoons have ever been made into a live action film successfully? Flintstones? Josie and the Pussycats? Scooby Doo? Dear lord.

Comment

Never speak ill of Josie. It has the goddess Rosario in it. Plus Parker Posey and Alan Cumming. It's awesome dammit.

Comment

Is there any scissoring in it? If not, does Tara Reid get killed? If not, FAIL!

Comment

Dude I hate Tara Reid as much as the next guy, but this is totally one my guilty pleasure flicks.

Comment

try to find an Ultimate Bumblebee in stores
                          . i always see it at target in seattle.

Never speak ill of Josie. It has the goddess Rosario in it. Plus Parker Posey and Alan Cumming. It's awesome dammit.
                          i agree. and plus rachael leigh cook is my goddess. and so is rosario dawson. mmm rachael leigh cook... i would watch she's all that over and over and over just for her.

and fuck tara reid. she's a ghost in josie. just like in life.

Comment

The hell are you shopping for Transformers for?

Do I need to see Josie and the Pussycats now? You guys are scarring me.

Comment

I wouldn't actively seek the movie out, but if it's on tv I'd watch it again. I've only seen it twice I think, but both times Rosario kept me entertained. I'd rather watch Romy and Michelle for the umpteenth time though.

MMMM.....Mira Sorvino....

Comment

Working...
                              X