Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Oscars had to happen today, it would look like this. (Forecasting Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lisa vs Josh: round 2. THE QUICKENING
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
      Lisa vs Josh: round 2. THE QUICKENING
      That's not what I'm going for, but technically it would be round 3.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Lisa vs Josh: part 3: BEYOND THUNDERDOME
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
          I like Pitt's work in it and like you said it's decent but I'm not sure why it's given the attention it has.

Not to start a debate but everybody experienced 9/11 and yes you guys experienced it up front and personal but that whole "we own 9/11" attitude is pretty redonk. What about all of the volunteers at ground zero? People came from all over the country to help in those efforts, were they not effected in the same way?

I'm not saying that being there wasn't more terrifying than watching on TV or anything like that. I'm just saying that NY'ers weren't the only people affected by 9/11.

What I do agree with is when you guys get hostile over the gawkers and "hey honey let's get a family photo ground zero." That shit is disgusting and demeaning to the events magnitude and any one doing that is lower than dog shit.
          True, I realize that everyone was affected by it, but just not the same way. Again, I'm not saying we're better or that we're more sensitive, etc., but there is a difference - that doesn't mean others didn't feel something towards it, no, of course not. And I do get what you're saying about the volunteers, and we'll always be grateful. But believe me, there's a whole different feeling between not knowing if your building is getting hit, having your office evacuate you, and ... you're on your own out on the street with stuff falling from the sky a couple of miles away. Stopping at payphones along the way to see if your loved ones made it home. And yeah, actually seeing and hearing the second plane slam into the South Tower while we all stood there like idiots thinking for a minute that it might have been a rescue plane. So - yeah, respectfully, I have to say there's a difference - probably just in how it's perceived by who was there and who wasn't. If something happens to you in TX, I can empathize, but I don't know what it's like, because I'm not there with you.

But at least you understand why we want to strangle the tourists who treat it like a sight seeing opportunity!

And as for the rest of you looking for a fight, sorry to disappoint you.
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

I just think it's too soon to use the 911 tragedy as a major plot point in a film that isn't ABOUT the event itself. It kinda feels like it's trivializing it. MUNICH is the only film that used it properly, and even then it was only used for foreshadowing purposes are the very end.

Comment

There goes my plans for The North Tower Follies.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Just popping in to give praise to United 93.

Extremely Maudlin and Incredibly Shitty deserves nothing but scorn.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                  There goes my plans for The North Tower Follies.
                  A-heee!
                  2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                    A-heee!

It's a Musical about a window washer with a song on his heart and guts splattered all over the 81st floor.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

It's a Christmas release, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                        It's a Christmas release, isn't it?

It'll open in New York first and then drop off fast.

Comment

Oscar bait. You're above that, Troy.

Comment

Oscar bait. You're above that, Troy.

I'm not above it, I'm at Ground Zero.

Comment

Troy Anderson, everybody! He's here all week! Two shows nightly! Be sure to tip your waitress!

Comment

I just think it's too soon to use the 911 tragedy as a major plot point in a film that isn't ABOUT the event itself. It kinda feels like it's trivializing it. MUNICH is the only film that used it properly, and even then it was only used for foreshadowing purposes are the very end.
                                I completely disagree with this, and that shot at the end is why Munich bugs me. When I saw that I was like, really Steve? That shot at the end was about as subtle a ls being raped in the prison shower.

25th Hour has some 9/11 themey stuff. That's a great flick. United 93 is also pretty great too. However, The best 9/11 film has to be Murder Set Pieces. Hands down...
                                Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Working...
                                X