Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Oscars had to happen today, it would look like this. (Forecasting Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
    Much like American democracy, historical weight carries it more than overall importance.

You support it for what it was and now what it has become.
    a sham?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Haven't watched a 9/11 movie yet, doubt this one will change that.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Pleasantly surprised about Rooney Mara and Gary Oldman.

Comment

Albert Brooks and SENNA are the big misses for me.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Never thought Brooks or anything from Drive in general was getting in. So that wasn't a surprise.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

still don't get why everyone loves Moneyball. It was a decent movie but nothing special at all.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                a sham?

A sham with a legacy.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

I just don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                    Haven't watched a 9/11 movie yet, doubt this one will change that.
                    *High Five!*

Me neither! Don't plan to, for that matter. Because, quite simply, the one thing that we NYers can lay claim to that other people can't (unless you had someone traveling on those planes) is this: people outside of NY can't understand 9/11 the same way, simply because we were here and other folks weren't. I'm not saying it makes us better or smarter or more sensitive - I'm just saying, there's a difference between seeing the attacks on CNN and seeing them out your window. So yeah, not to stir up a whole 9/11 debate, but it'll probably be a cold day in hell before I'll bother seeing a 9/11 movie.
                    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

The only 9/11 movie that matters is Postal.

Comment

UNITED 93 was a damned good movie. Have zero intention of watching any other 911 films.
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                          still don't get why everyone loves Moneyball. It was a decent movie but nothing special at all.
                          I like Pitt's work in it and like you said it's decent but I'm not sure why it's given the attention it has.
                          Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                          *High Five!*

Me neither! Don't plan to, for that matter. Because, quite simply, the one thing that we NYers can lay claim to that other people can't (unless you had someone traveling on those planes) is this: people outside of NY can't understand 9/11 the same way, simply because we were here and other folks weren't. I'm not saying it makes us better or smarter or more sensitive - I'm just saying, there's a difference between seeing the attacks on CNN and seeing them out your window. So yeah, not to stir up a whole 9/11 debate, but it'll probably be a cold day in hell before I'll bother seeing a 9/11 movie.
                          Not to start a debate but everybody experienced 9/11 and yes you guys experienced it up front and personal but that whole "we own 9/11" attitude is pretty redonk. What about all of the volunteers at ground zero? People came from all over the country to help in those efforts, were they not effected in the same way?

I'm not saying that being there wasn't more terrifying than watching on TV or anything like that. I'm just saying that NY'ers weren't the only people affected by 9/11.

What I do agree with is when you guys get hostile over the gawkers and "hey honey let's get a family photo ground zero." That shit is disgusting and demeaning to the events magnitude and any one doing that is lower than dog shit.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

*grabs popcorn*

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              UNITED 93 was a damned good movie. Have zero intention of watching any other 911 films.
                              T.H.I.S!
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Seriously though, this is the only 9/11 doc worth seeing.

Comment

Working...
                                X