No announcement yet.

John Carter (of Mars)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree that a loss is a loss, but I think that they're doing a disservice to the actual quality of the film by labeling it as 'critically panned'.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• not that I give a shit about reviews for the most part but 51% on RT seems to jive with "critically panned".
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yeah, I've got to say it was pretty much received poorly. Even the "good" reviews took a lot of issues with it.

Comment

• Meanwhile The Fifth Element got 73%.

SUPER GREEN
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
            Yeah, I've got to say it was pretty much received poorly. Even the "good" reviews took a lot of issues with it.
            I'd call something 'criticallya panned' if it had something like 20% on RT. ONE THOUSAND WORDS, for instance, is critically panned. JOHN CARTER is pretty much 'eh, it was OK for the most part' on there.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
              Meanwhile The Fifth Element got 73%.

SUPER GREEN
              You know what? Just for you, I'm gonna give the film another shot. It's been almost ten years since my last viewing of it. Maybe it'll work for me this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                I'd call something 'criticallya panned' if it had something like 20% on RT.
                Why do I envision this coming from a drunk John Wayne?
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

I'd call something 'criticallya panned' if it had something like 20% on RT. ONE THOUSAND WORDS, for instance, is critically panned. JOHN CARTER is pretty much 'eh, it was OK for the most part' on there.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• hahaha

Comment

• So...just being clear on this point: I'm the current target for anything and everything that I post. Is that correct?

Comment

• Lighten up, buddy.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

You know what? Just for you, I'm gonna give the film another shot. It's been almost ten years since my last viewing of it. Maybe it'll work for me this time.
                          Dude. Don't. It really has not aged well (pretty spiffy fx work aside). I didn't hate it when it came out, but I can't sit through it anymore.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• It's aged awesomely. Like a fine wine. We just watched it last week. Still fucking rocks. haters gonna hate.

Comment

• To clarify: The whole Rotten Tomatoes thing doesn't matter to me, as that is some mathematical aggregate of an opinion on the film and not my own. I haven't seen it, so I can't comment on it. I am not bandwaggoning the "franchise is dead" thing. That just sucks.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I just watch for Jovovich myself. But, to be fair to Matt, when I first watched it, I fucking HATED Ruby Rhod. Subsequent viewings brought me 'round.

Comment

Working...
                                X