No announcement yet.

Top Secret!: You're All Insane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes they are. Airplane! is awesome and I fucking love The Naked Gun flicks. Yes, even 33&1/3. This doesn't even touch them.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I haven't seen Top Secret in a few years, but I always remember laughing during it. I quite like the surf song.

Comment

WHAT?!

I see the fail torch has been passed. Nice of you to take the heat off, Matt.

I got to see this during Edgar Wright's film festival. It was glorious.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

I'm with Hocken.

Last time I saw this was about 18 months ago and I still laughed a fair bit. The Naked Gun is probably funnier nowadays, but this holds a bigger spot in my heart.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
            WHAT?!

I see the fail torch has been passed. Nice of you to take the heat off, Matt.
            No...

No! No! NO!

You don't get off the hook so easily, my friend. You are still front-runner for BRD's Emperor Of Fail award.

Comment

Top Secret is still great. Anal Intruder be damned.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

This movie was far funnier when I was to young to masturbate. So about 4 or 5 years old. Right now? Nostalgia love but I wouldn't say it's THAT funny. Hocken is still King Fail of Faildoania
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  Lisa, please understand that I'm not going after you personally on this. Really, I'm not.

But you honestly find that scene to be funny?
                  No, goofy, I linked it because I think it's not funny! Of course I think it's funny! Okay, okay - granted, you brought up "Airplane!", and there's not a whole lot of stuff that's as funny as "Airplane!", and "TS" isn't nearly as funny. But it's funny enough that if I stumbled upon it while channel surfing, then yeah, I'd probably stop to watch it. It's funny, you big huge grouch!
                  2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

TS has some genuinely clever moments in that aren't necessarily FUNNY. The Swedish bookstore that's shown backwards is a very well done sequence that isn't very funny but is pretty amazing to watch.

My hardest laugh in the entire movie: Val sitting down to dinner, reading the note from his manager. The voice over starts in that 'mr. megaphone' voice, and the manager walks in and sits down, talking INTO a megaphone. THAT moment got me. Little moments here and there got me. Overall though, I just sat there and stared at a whole lotta people trying VERY HARD to be funny.

'Airplane!' and 'The Naked Gun' both benefitted from having great characters AND straight, dramatic actors playing against type. This film had Omar Sharif. And wasted him.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

This film had Omar Sharif. And wasted him.
                      Nothing with Omar Sharif, the greatest bridge player ever to have lived, is a waste.

Comment

What funny dog poo?
                        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                          What funny dog poo?
                          That earned a minor smile, nothing more. The whole sequence where he's walking around in that crushed car is PAINFUL to watch.
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

TS has some genuinely clever moments in that aren't necessarily FUNNY. The Swedish bookstore that's shown backwards is a very well done sequence that isn't very funny but is pretty amazing to watch.

My hardest laugh in the entire movie: Val sitting down to dinner, reading the note from his manager. The voice over starts in that 'mr. megaphone' voice, and the manager walks in and sits down, talking INTO a megaphone. THAT moment got me. Little moments here and there got me. Overall though, I just sat there and stared at a whole lotta people trying VERY HARD to be funny.
                            A haaaa! So you ADMIT there are parts you found to be funny? You ADMIT you started a thread - A THREAD! - for a movie you found to be funny IN PARTS? Do you not ADMIT that you wasted a thread for a movie you FIND HILARIOUS!!!!??? CONFESS!! CONFESS!!!

(I'd be AWESOME in a courtroom!)
                            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                              A haaaa! So you ADMIT there are parts you found to be funny? You ADMIT you started a thread - A THREAD! - for a movie you found to be funny IN PARTS? Do you not ADMIT that you wasted a thread for a movie you FIND HILARIOUS!!!!??? CONFESS!! CONFESS!!!

(I'd be AWESOME in a courtroom!)
                              J'ACCUSE! J'ACCUSE!!!

Comment

ONE FUNNY MOMENT does NOT a comedy make.

Comment

Working...
                                X