Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > Podcasts > Brain Dead Radio

Brain Dead Radio The new show from Rob and Ceej. Tune in and turn off your brain.

View Poll Results: Thoughts?
Pro Space Abortion 1 33.33%
Anti Space Abortion 0 0%
I just want pancakes 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2014, 08:35 AM
is ready for turkey

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

anyone have a chance to listen to this?
Old 05-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
anyone have a chance to listen to this?
Probably tomorrow while I am stuck at my desk with spreadsheets.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:51 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

I'll try again tonight.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 05-05-2014, 12:41 PM
is ready for turkey

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

that bad that it takes multiple times to make it through?
Old 05-05-2014, 01:35 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Gonna listen while I get back to work here in a few. Will give thoughts, farts, prognostication afterward.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:16 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

I've been watching old MST3Ks for the past couple of weeks and I've gotta say that preference for either relies mostly on the day.

Sometimes it's a Joel day sometimes it is a Mike type of day. I felt the later seasons lost the spark when Trace left the Forrester and Crow roles, as well as the lack of TV's Frank. That was the bigger for/against prompting for my selection than the Joel/Mike aspect.

And yes, the middle of season 5 was when they changed over, and it was a fantastic, mean-spirited sort of commentary during the Joe Don Baker film Mitchell. It was hilarious and ruthless. It's become a recent favorite.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:18 PM
My wife's son

The Goonies were assholes in their own way.

I'd like to see a head to head fight between the shitty Attack the Block kids and the shitty Goonies kids.

The Stand By Me kids would win.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:45 PM
is ready for turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Russ View Post
I've been watching old MST3Ks for the past couple of weeks and I've gotta say that preference for either relies mostly on the day.

Sometimes it's a Joel day sometimes it is a Mike type of day. I felt the later seasons lost the spark when Trace left the Forrester and Crow roles, as well as the lack of TV's Frank. That was the bigger for/against prompting for my selection than the Joel/Mike aspect.

And yes, the middle of season 5 was when they changed over, and it was a fantastic, mean-spirited sort of commentary during the Joe Don Baker film Mitchell. It was hilarious and ruthless. It's become a recent favorite.
I was never HUGE into MST3K but enjoyed both guys. You and Ceej obviously know much more than me. Will need to check out that flick.

Quote:
The Goonies were assholes in their own way.

I'd like to see a head to head fight between the shitty Attack the Block kids and the shitty Goonies kids.

The Stand By Me kids would win.
The Goonies were assholes but they weren't shit heads. AtB kids were shitheads.

Stand by Me wins all of the kids movies.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:08 PM
My wife's son

I was a huge MST3K guy back around the time of the changeover, but then the movie came and went and I latched onto other interests.

Still, it is the root of the reason I shit talk during movies that are bad.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:15 PM
is ready for turkey

I do have the movie to watch wtih Lesley as she's never seen it.

If you had to recommend a few good episodes of MST3K what would they be? Really looking for a few good choices to try to get Lesley in to it.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:19 PM
My wife's son

The movie is pretty good as an introduction.

I'd check out this site and look at the votes of fellow citizens to guide the selection process.

Favorites that are in the 200+ are usually a solid bet.

Mitchell is just so wonderful because the movie is such a shitty shitpile and Joe Don Baker just gives less than a solitary fuck about anything and it becomes sort of endearing by the end.

Last edited by Captain Russ; 05-05-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:22 PM
is ready for turkey

sweet, thank for that link man.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:24 PM
My wife's son

Yer welcome.

I love the internet sometimes.

Can't wait to hear about the Feldman meeting.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:35 PM
My wife's son

Greatest outro choice ever.

Fun ep. It flew by. No Proops or podraces for me. But then I think the prequels were an abomination with no redeeming qualities beyond employing talented people to do the bidding of a dork without any self-awareness. The concept art from those movies is almost worth Jake Lloyd and the horrors of "acting" bestowed upon untold millions of people.

Sound was a little odd compared to previous installments but that may be due to the trackless format.

Last edited by Captain Russ; 05-05-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:39 PM
is ready for turkey

Thanks man! Glad to hear!

As for weird sound, anything you can pinpoint?
Old 05-05-2014, 03:40 PM
My wife's son

It all sounded like you guys were recording in a small room, which you were. The reverb of the small room attributed to the change in sound I'm guessing. Did the setup for the mics and the like change since last time?
Old 05-05-2014, 03:44 PM
My wife's son

And not to be down on Star Wars or anything (just the prequels), how about maybe doing some retrospective discussions on previous SW-branded things (Lucasarts-era games, a "where are they now" section for some of the actors in the films) whenever news crops up on the new film? Might lead to some good fun times.

You sound really excited for this film, so why not extend it to talking about the now-defunct EU?
Old 05-05-2014, 03:47 PM
is ready for turkey

Quote:
It all sounded like you guys were recording in a small room, which you were. The reverb of the small room attributed to the change in sound I'm guessing. Did the setup for the mics and the like change since last time?
Yeah, I'm using a room mic now and the setting did change a bit from last time but I think not having a backing track is now going to bring those small issues to the fore front. I also have to scan the track for when it's just Ceej talking because he doesn't project so I tend to raise the levels during that time which can cause the sound to get louder/quieter as it goes along.

Was the sound annoying or anything? Ceej and I constantly bicker about my "IT NEEDS TO SOUND SUPERIOR" and his "FUCK WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE IF IT'S FUNNY"
Old 05-05-2014, 03:48 PM
is ready for turkey

Quote:
And not to be down on Star Wars or anything (just the prequels), how about maybe doing some retrospective discussions on previous SW-branded things (Lucasarts-era games, a "where are they now" section for some of the actors in the films) whenever news crops up on the new film? Might lead to some good fun times.

You sound really excited for this film, so why not extend it to talking about the now-defunct EU?
Great ideas and I'm totally down with that. Will make a note and see what we can do.