Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Video Games

Video Games We play them, and we know you do. Discuss games ranging from Custard's Revenge to Burnout Revenge here.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:58 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

I've been stuck on Father Gregawhatsit for WEEKS. It seems like he is a sticking point for a LOT of players, and when you get beyond him things open up a lot more and some of the bosses are easier to deal with. I think it's ridiculous that the second (or is he third?) boss is such a wall for people.

I really am just biding my time for Witcher 3. I want to build a new PC so bad.
Old 04-28-2015, 03:21 PM
It's in the bone!

Trejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurts

Really? That's surprising to hear. I actually beat Father Gregawhatsit on my 2nd attempt, where as the first boss took at least 5. I did spend some time after failing on the other boss so much to grind out some blood echos and level up a bit, forge my weapon.

But yeah, Father G was a bitch of a fight. Felt like I was being shot every other second, was trying to stay targeted on him to help with dodging everything but it would keep dropping off if anything got between us, and I kept getting stuck in tombstones while trying to strafe around and taking way more damage than I should have.

Best advice I can give is to stock up some molotovs, try to parry stun him with the gun when he is about to hit you, and keep moving. I must have gotten seriously lucky the 2nd try but I still went through like 7-8 pots and barely drank those before dying. I used the saw blade in the "small" version and only used fast attacks, waited for him to do his swing combo and shoot at me, then jumped in for a few quick hits, run away and repeat. He gets reaaally shitty at about 20% health

Last edited by Trejo; 04-28-2015 at 03:25 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:59 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trejo View Post
try to parry stun him with the gun when he is about to hit you,
This is my problem...I cannot parry at all in this game. AT ALL. I got him down to literally one hit, then the camera fucked me.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:40 PM
It's in the bone!

Trejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurts

My problem is I'm so worried about my shot NOT parrying that when I actually pull it off and stun an enemy I'm already leaping backwards trying to avoid getting hit and so I never get to land a visceral. But yeah the timing is hard to nail, I've read to try to do it at the last possible moment before the attack would reach you but I felt like I was shooting a bit early and still stunning Father G some times.

Had him to one hit eh? That's heartbreaking
Old 04-29-2015, 08:09 AM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

watched some let's plays of this last night. Think I'm going to try to give it a go.

Picked up Cities Skyline. It's ok but I can't quite put my finger on why it's not sucking me in like Sim City did.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:12 AM
Fleshlight King

CITIES SKYLINE IS THE GREATEST

I think i have like 80 hours in and right now am working on a Houston map.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:28 AM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

It's just so bland. Which I get and don't fault the 9 dudes who made the game but fuckkkkk.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:39 PM
Fleshlight King

The only thing I think is bland about it is the lack of disasters. Otherwise it feels/looks great. And even better with the billion mods available.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:52 AM
is fancy

Buffington is ready for death.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:42 AM
Fleshlight King

hahaha jesus christ
Old 05-01-2015, 07:39 AM
is fancy

so what the fuck Bloodborne....everytime you die all of the enemies you killed are back? fuckkkkk hahaha. Digging this much more than I thought I would so far. Much better than Dark Souls or whatever IMO thanks to the atmosphere and setting. This shit is great with my new headphones.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:07 AM
Fleshlight King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
so what the fuck Bloodborne....everytime you die all of the enemies you killed are back? fuckkkkk hahaha. Digging this much more than I thought I would so far. Much better than Dark Souls or whatever IMO thanks to the atmosphere and setting. This shit is great with my new headphones.
It's exactly like every souls game. Die or go back to the dream and enemies respawn.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:14 AM
is fancy

Old 05-02-2015, 09:15 AM
is fancy

also just almost beat Father Galibjhasjkdfoiwjmnerm or whatever his name is on my first try. Got him down to a little under 1/3 health then got stuck on a grave
Old 05-02-2015, 09:16 AM
is fancy

it's crazy how much more I'm digging this than the Souls games.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:05 PM
Fleshlight King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
also just almost beat Father Galibjhasjkdfoiwjmnerm or whatever his name is on my first try. Got him down to a little under 1/3 health then got stuck on a grave
The geometry and camera in that fight are fucking horse shit.
Old 05-02-2015, 02:22 PM
is fancy

this game is a bit easier because of that sometimes. So many times I can just glitch enemies into the geometry and fuck em up.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:37 PM
is fancy

really digging Bloodborne much more than I thought. It's killer with my new headphones and the special setting for this game.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:15 AM
It's in the bone!

Ugh. This fucking asshole in Old Yarnham with the
  Spoiler: spoils? 
machine gun
is absolutely wrecking me. I've died to him 3 times now and each fight has been all of 10 seconds cause he just
  Spoiler: shh 
keeps shooting me every 2 seconds with his shitty shotgun that does 50% of my life per hit it seems, and as soon as I try to start swinging at me I get gunshot stunned and instakilled by his visceral
Old 05-04-2015, 10:18 AM
is fancy

Dishonored. Never played this and it's free this month with PS+. Digging it so far.