Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > New Releases in the theater

New Releases in the theater Like paying 10 bucks a ticket and sitting with the mouthbreathers to watch a new film? Then post about it here

Old 04-24-2015, 10:06 AM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

Hey: Is that Spiderman end credit thing for A:AoU legit or what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?
Old 04-24-2015, 10:09 AM
Captain Fuckin´ Magic

Jan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurts

Nope.
Just got the regular post credit stinger.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:49 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

So far, most negative critics seem like they could have needed a penis massage.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:02 AM

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

The new one seems to be more consistent in quality from beginning to end (it lacks the shaky first act of the first one), but it doesn't have the high points of the first one to give you any big 'fist pumping' moments. There isn't a moment to compare to the Hulk Smash, Hulk/Thor love tap, or Hulk/Loki beatdown.
Quote:
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Old 04-27-2015, 08:36 AM
is ready for turkey

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Hey: Is that Spiderman end credit thing for A:AoU legit or what?
Old 04-28-2015, 07:06 AM
Captain Fuckin´ Magic

Jan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
The new one seems to be more consistent in quality from beginning to end (it lacks the shaky first act of the first one), but it doesn't have the high points of the first one to give you any big 'fist pumping' moments. There isn't a moment to compare to the Hulk Smash, Hulk/Thor love tap, or Hulk/Loki beatdown.
That kinda nails it.

The film hits the ground running. You gonna love the opening shot.

But the movie is still overstuffed with set ups scenes that go nowhere (Thors scene in particular seem to be cut to shit. And Serkis part is barely comprehensible if not for the set up of Black Panther - lots of placeholders in this one). The characters all shine but I by the end it felt more like awesome set piece after awesome set piece which was kinda exhausting.

I am actually looking forward to the DC. Is this really happening or just a rumor?
Old 04-28-2015, 01:55 PM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

It's been confirmed with a different ending and scenes.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:15 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Just figured it out.

Spoiler: SPOILERS 
Stark's new AI is voiced by Octavia from Rome. Took me forever to place the voice.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 05-01-2015, 01:29 AM
I'll See You in 25 Years

BMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurts

Amazing film. If you think this is only so-so or eh, you don't care about story or character. Flat out.

Twitter.com/bmkrol
Old 05-01-2015, 08:37 AM
is ready for turkey

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

BATTLE LINES HAVE BEEN DRAWN
Old 05-01-2015, 09:12 AM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Not being hyped about it at all will probably help.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:13 AM
is ready for turkey

I've tempered all expectations for this. I really just want Cap 3 dammit.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:32 AM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Ditto
Old 05-01-2015, 10:07 AM

Yep, all about CAP 3 as well. I also have high hopes for THOR 3, since it sounds like it could be rather epic.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-01-2015, 10:12 AM
Allergic to dumbfucks

Location: Somewhere around the moon, New York City and your sister
FilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Russ View Post
Not being hyped about it at all will probably help.
It does.

Not sure how/why this is getting bad reviews compared to the first since this isn't overstuffed and exhausting (though I did check my watch during the big CG fest finale). Best stuff is the cast doing normal shit interacting with each other like the party scene that we all know about and a dinner table scene.

Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 05-01-2015 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:23 AM
My wife's son

Probably due to the fact people have begun to get burned out on this stuff.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:26 AM
is ready for turkey

BUT WE HAVE LIKE 10 MORE YEARS OF THIS STUFFFFFFF
Old 05-01-2015, 10:29 AM

Quote:
The bubble is gonna burst soon, methinks. It happened to Westerns and it happened to Swords/Sandals movies...it'll happen to Superhero films as well.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-01-2015, 10:37 AM
Allergic to dumbfucks

Location: Somewhere around the moon, New York City and your sister
FilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Bingo, and I say that stuff earlier, it's still not a "good" movie. Not bad either. Just middle of the road. Like most of Marvel Studios' stuff.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:28 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Bingo, and I say that stuff earlier, it's still not a "good" movie. Not bad either. Just middle of the road. Like most of Marvel Studios' stuff.

If you dropped the last six words of that, you wouldn't sound like a fucking moron.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!