Gimme sumthin' to draw!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks guys!

This thread will be updated more often, I assure you.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I really, really like this. You 100% nailed the 20's, 30's vibe ("Artist's Conception of Mysterious Rocket-Man", so much so that I had to do a double take.

Well done, sir! Inspires me to get off my keister and do some stuff, too.

Comment

• Hey Russ can you do all of your work in 16X10 format from now on? I need new wallpapers.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Thanks Tim!

@B: I was thinkin' about doing a landscape format mini-comic page for this retro story I'm working on in a scriptin' class.

Sorta like what Francavilla does here

but not nearly as awesome, ya know, because experience and stuff.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• IIIIII LIKE IT! /Robocop'd
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Did this for a one off noir story for fun. Tried to manipulate colors from a image with only grey tones via ink wash. Fun times.

Spoiler: A face only a mother could love. 

Did this last night as an exercise of sorts. I gave myself until dawn to have a scripted, penciled, inked and lettered page finished. All brush and razor blade (with some splatter for the stars of course).

Spoiler: I think the blade might be my favorite tool now. 
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE SECOND ONE.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Also, the first one reminds me of The Goon.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Got some hour-exercise stuff back from earlier in the quarter.

I recall having a blast with the two of these.

Spoiler: First, we have an animal. 

Spoiler: Next, we have a Trejo. 
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE SECOND ONE.
                      What would you like to know?
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• What is the big thing? What happens next?

Comment

• the owl and Trejo are legit. Super nice man.

Comment

Also, the first one reminds me of The Goon.
                            Awesome. Definitely going to give Powell's approach a shot this week. I tend to be too heavy handed on the washes sometimes. I wouldn't mind doing more polished figure work.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

What is the big thing? What happens next?
                              The big thing is one of those Lovercraftian old ones. I liked the design of the send-up to them in Skyrim's Hermaeus Mora, with the eyes and tentacles. I thought the idea of an astronaut being compelled by some force to seek him out could be a fun skeleton of a story. I'd like to go back and really detail that last panel as I feel I didn't give it nearly enough attention due to time constraints.

What happens next?

They totally do it.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• YESsss.

Or maybe they become best friends and they start up an interstellar tee-ball team.

Comment

Working...
                                X