No announcement yet.

Gimme sumthin' to draw!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going with Mignola (might post some lame sketch stuff for fun later today). Working under the constraints of the assignment, I've narrowed the choices of what scene to depict down to three:

1) The blood test scene, leaving the scene on the hand gag where The Thing jumps out of the petri dish.

2) MacReady's encounter below the base with the creature, ending on the "Yeah, fuck you too" line/wide shot of the base exploding.

3) The guys discussing whether they should let MacReady back in or not (with Windows' awesomely bad line delivery of "Chiiiiilds. What if we're wronnnnng?" somehow intact) /whether the thing got to MacReady/MacReady's return from outside into the store room with the convenient dynamite and flare stash.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Also considering Blair's "I'm all better now, I'd like to come back inside" scene. A less obvious moment of greatness, but probably my favorite exchange of the entire film. The noose really tied the room together.

FUCK. WHY DID I CHOOSE THIS MOVIE? Every single scene is great.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• If I can get it plotted and laid out to my liking, I'm gonna try to do a couple of different scenes.

I think I'm starting to get the hang of aping his style (it's kind of insane how I'm starting to notice he oftentimes has a stock pose that he uses that is straight out of Frazetta's wheelhouse), though Mac's beard is still giving me some trouble (several different approaches Mignola has used to render the things before, don't know which would work best for him).

Here's a sketch page from earlier today:

Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Gonna use that inked bit with Mac and the J&B insert to try my hand at the color palette, so we'll see how that goes.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• holy shit dude, those are awesome.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Quick flats of the MacReadytodrink (looks so much better on the cintiq than the monitor, oh well):

The palette is pretty subdued, but I kinda like the cold color swatch I fashioned. Can't wait to do the warmer palette for when the outpost has become a scorched version of itself.

Now it is on to thumbnailin' Palin and roughs of the Blair/Noose scene and the "Yeah, Fuck You Too" scene.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Pencils up:

Me quick one want slow

Comment

• That is freaking amazing man!!
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Thanks duder.

Hopefully it'll look spiffy when the inks and colors go on top.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• SOON.*

*I made more work for myself.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Paste Hocken's face in there...

NAO, GODSDAMMIT!

Comment

• not gonna lie man, I would use that for my tattoo. And I'm considering it. I've had a horror themed sleeve in the works for years and wanted a The Thing tattoo that wasn't exactly the poster and that ties into the Mignola piece that is starting the whole thing.

Comment

• Badfuckingass.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Inks and flats are done.

Now I just have to fuck around with it all until it actually looks like something he'd make (desaturating the colors to look less cartoony would probably be a step in the right direction).

(And do the same for the poster mock-up).

Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Shit looks good.

Comment

Working...
                                X