No announcement yet.

2011-2012 NHL Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the Trap prevailed once again. It's the reason the Devils are renowned as the ultimate boring team, it's the Trap at work. Sure, it works, but at it's core it's anti-hockey. And the Coyotes are playing the same system.

And no, they should NEVER have a team playing there. Not when the average attendance is less than 3000 people and the team is losing a lot of money. Nor in Nashville, Florida or Columbus (color me surprised on that last one. College sport?). Or Dallas.

Best thing that can happen in the Finals: Los Angeles vs New York/Philadelphia (LA should win easily, but who knows...)
    Worst thing that can happen in the Finals: Phoenix vs New Jersey (omg the sleep)
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      And the Trap prevailed once again. It's the reason the Devils are renowned as the ultimate boring team, it's the Trap at work. Sure, it works, but at it's core it's anti-hockey. And the Coyotes are playing the same system.

And no, they should NEVER have a team playing there. Not when the average attendance is less than 3000 people and the team is losing a lot of money. Nor in Nashville, Florida or Columbus (color me surprised on that last one. College sport?). Or Dallas.

Best thing that can happen in the Finals: Los Angeles vs New York/Philadelphia (LA should win easily, but who knows...)
      Worst thing that can happen in the Finals: Phoenix vs New Jersey (omg the sleep)

Nashville actually has a thriving fanbase. But, it just sounds like a spoiled fan whining about how hockey is moving past the traditional boundaries. That being said, I still miss Hartford.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

But, Marteen...you don't know hockey. You knew hockey. If you could suck it up and be happy with new interest in the sport, this shit could move past being shown on NBC's satellite networks and the main channels on Sundays when nothing else is scheduled.

If you could drop the sour pissy shit routine for 2 minutes, you'd probably that more and more people are starting to care about your sport. But, no...you've just got to keep hopping on the same horn over and over again.

By the way, I'm not BMetal. I won't back off, ever...and I mean EVER.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
          Nashville actually has a thriving fanbase. But, it just sounds like a spoiled fan whining about how hockey is moving past the traditional boundaries. That being said, I still miss Hartford.
          I look at numbers, budgets and attendance. Nashville has good core fans, but not enough to make it though. They're barely spending above the salarial floor... but of all the expension teams, it's the one I'm most forgiving about.

Comment

I look at numbers, budgets and attendance. Nashville has good core fans, but not enough to make it though. They're barely spending above the salarial floor... but of all the expension teams, it's the one I'm most forgiving about.

If I went around having to forgive every expansion team in the NFL, I'd look nuts. They will all find their way in time.

Comment

But, Marteen...you don't know hockey. You knew hockey. If you could suck it up and be happy with new interest in the sport, this shit could move past being shown on NBC's satellite networks and the main channels on Sundays when nothing else is scheduled.

If you could drop the sour pissy shit routine for 2 minutes, you'd probably that more and more people are starting to care about your sport. But, no...you've just got to keep hopping on the same horn over and over again.

By the way, I'm not BMetal. I won't back off, ever...and I mean EVER.
              Pissy routine? Sorry if I called your team like that, but it's what they were.

And hockey-wise, hockey is getting more and more popular, sure. But not in the South. Remove salarial funding from the richer teams and you'd lose 70% of all US teams.

Hockey was played in the Olympics (remember the awesome USA-Canada final?) is how the game is meant to be played. talent, with great physical plays. No cheap shots, no useless fights if the referees are calling it all. Add more exposure with series like 24/7 more Winter Classics and you have a shot at getting this spot above fucking golf in the US... The sport right now is in trouble, with raging debates on head trauma that weren't as present 5 years ago. And the NHL doesn't give a shit, nor the players. Even Giroux, who suffered one, just gave one. Sponsors are no shy about saying it's time cut that shit, and it's time before the new window of opportunity given to the NHL disapears once again.

Amnd if you were BMetal you'd post half the time with poor gifs or images, and the other half in semi-coherent English when pissed off for no reasons. You're just our Troy.

Comment

If I went around having to forgive every expansion team in the NFL, I'd look nuts. They will all find their way in time.
                But the NFL is EXTREMELY popular in the US. And over here, NFL football could MAYBE survive Toronto.... just as hockey has trouble in desert cities. Hell, all the regular game I've seen in the cities I mentionned above were in semi-deserted arenas. And that's sad.

Comment

Pissy routine? Sorry if I called your team like that, but it's what they were.

And hockey-wise, hockey is getting more and more popular, sure. But not in the South. Remove salarial funding from the richer teams and you'd lose 70% of all US teams.

Hockey was played in the Olympics (remember the awesome USA-Canada final?) is how the game is meant to be played. talent, with great physical plays. No cheap shots, no useless fights if the referees are calling it all. Add more exposure with series like 24/7 more Winter Classics and you have a shot at getting this spot above fucking golf in the US... The sport right now is in trouble, with raging debates on head trauma that weren't as present 5 years ago. And the NHL doesn't give a shit, nor the players. Even Giroux, who suffered one, just gave one. Sponsors are no shy about saying it's time cut that shit, and it's time before the new window of opportunity given to the NHL disapears once again.

Amnd if you were BMetal you'd post half the time with poor gifs or images, and the other half in semi-coherent English when pissed off for no reasons. You're just our Troy.
                  There we go, minus the pot shot at BMetal.

More of this, man.

Comment

Our resident redneck keeps taking shot at me, so I honestly don't care taking shots at him from times to times, really. BUt I'll keep quiet on this here.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin
                      I was set to let sleeping dogs lie but since I saw your quackery quoted by Anderson I decided to say fuck it. Martin you are the very last person who should be commenting on someones English capabilities. 90% of your posts read like a drunken idiot got a hold of a keyboard.

Also you know you love my gifs and pics, I've seen your reps friend.

Also how could I take shots at you when you were blocked? Paranoia is cute.

Edit to add. It's "taking SHOTS at me" not shot. SMDH
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                        I was set to let sleeping dogs lie but since I saw your quackery quoted by Anderson I decided to say fuck it. Martin you are the very last person who should be commenting on someone's English capabilities. 90% of your posts read like a drunken idiot got a hold of a keyboard.

Also you know you love my gifs and pics, I've seen your reps friend.

Also how could I take shots at you when you were blocked? Paranoia is cute.

Edit to add. It's "taking SHOTS at me", not shot. SMDH
                        Here's a nugget of "wisdom": I type over a phone, hence typos left and right, I never spellcheck my shit becasue of it and English is my 2nd language. And I'm pretty lax about it. And yet it's still better than yours. I wasn't mentionning your orthographic skills more than your abuse of simple words like "lulz" and lack of depth in anything you say. And above: punctuation.

I'm not paranoid about you at all, but you really like to slide comment there and there. Like earlier in this thread. Worst is that you come into a conversation, and repeat shit I just posted because your crybaby ass is blocking all my post because of a stupid argument. And I won't ever block someone on BDR, even you.

Hell, I should once post an entire day like you. You'd feel the pain.

End of derail. Back to hockey.

Comment

You're so cute when you're angry Martin. Wanna snuggle? See my point wasn't that my grammar was particularly great, it was that you are the last person who should be attempting to point them out. As for my punctuation, I'll steal a play from your playbook; this is an internet forum, I don't feel any overwhelming need to be 100% correct in my punctuation or grammar.

As for your paranoia, if I repeated anything you said it was mere coincidence but apparently that's not possible. Yep, you're not paranoid at all. As for my blocking you, I did that to keep things peaceful and fun around here, you know, the reason most of us come here.

Here's what I'll do for you though, in the interest of easing your tension. I'll ignore the idiosyncrasies that you display that bother me, and you can do the same in return. If that's not possible for you, maybe you could just keep it to yourself.

I'm a decent guy despite your obvious misgivings, and I'm willing to let bygones be bygones, but acknowledge that you've played a part in the tensions too and lets move on. It's not like I woke up one day and decided I needed to shit on you for no reason.

Friends?

Oh and I found this for you......

as an olive branch and to get back to Hockey.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I never hid the fact that I knew exactly what to say to make the shit hit the fan at that point.

I'll also let it all slide and go fair and square. Too bad we ain't on a hockey rink so we could punch it out and go drink after, but I guess that will do.

Comment

Ugh, never actually been on the ice. Was really into the roller hockey right up until my wreck and after that fuuuuuuuuucking not happening. My buddy, just to be an asshole I think, started playing in a rec league on ice the year after. That reminds me, I should kick his dick hole next time I see him.

Comment

I'm sorry, but this is bullshit.

Are they on skates? Are they playing on ice? Does everyone sound vaguely Canadian? Then it's hockey.

The trap is designed to even the edge with teams who are superior offensively. I'm reasonably sure if Dave Tippett had a Malkin or Staal on his team he'd use a different system. But he doesn't. So what should he do? Just roll over a die? No. They play to win to win the games, and so far it's been working.

For fuck's sake man, Whitney lead the Yotes in goals in the regular season with 35. Staal was ten short of that and he's on the 3rd line in Pittsburgh. What are they supposed to do?

This is bullshit too. The average attendance for Phoenix this year was 12,000+. And they're ahead of season ticket renewals from last year.

Now, granted, that's last in the NHL, and there's a lot of factors for that. Either way, get off your high horse. I'm glad they're around, I've been a fan since they've moved from Winnipeg, and I'm excited to see their success.
                                Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Working...
                                X