The Kickball Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V View Post
    He'll be lucky if he's still alive before the weekend.

Latin America takes the love of football to almost UK levels of violence.
    Indeed.

For the uninitiated.
    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

SIGH.
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

The Gooners' blank performance yesterday was also an endless SIGH generator.

Kuyt had a hell of a day, all things considered.
        Last edited by Captain Russ; 03-06-2011, 02:19 PM.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

On Match of the Day 2, they estimated the total number of yards it took for him to score that entire hat-trick was about seven.

Seven.

*grumbles*

Still, all eyes turn to Catalonia tomorrow night...

Comment

That is insane.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Incredible, isn't it? Probably the "best" poacher's hat-trick of all time in that sense. The free kick tap-in did show great awareness... as well as terrible responsiveness from United's defence.

Just last week so many people were talking about how amazing van der Sar's been playing and then he goes and fumbles the sort of shot he could usually save comfortably.

What a nightmare.
              Last edited by Bobby Bear; 03-07-2011, 02:31 PM.

Comment

I saw a little kid in a Man U jersey today while I was getting coffee...

*sadjakeface*

Comment

Just saw the close-up of Nani's leg post Carragher'ing.

ARRRGHHHHUGHHHHHHHHHHH

cannot unsee
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by V View Post
                    I saw a little kid in a Man U jersey today while I was getting coffee...

*sadjakeface*
                    I hope he had his head held high*, the only way it should be after a dismal display like that.

With the "Rooney 10" on the back of his shirt on display for all the world to see would be a nice bonus.

Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                    Just saw the close-up of Nani's leg post Carragher'ing.

ARRRGHHHHUGHHHHHHHHHHH

cannot unsee
                    He's a clown. He's hopelessly outmatched for pace so he "makes up for it" by hacking people down before they can leave him for dust.

Almost as bad as that "tackle" though was Lucas when he attempted to kick Rafael's head off on that follow-through. Fair play to the wee man for just getting up and playing on like nothing happened, but the fact that he wasn't properly disciplined for that is scandalous.

* I hope Joyce would have enjoyed that.

Comment

Tonight we dine in hell*.

*Camp Nou, Barcelona
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

That might be the most one-sided football match I've ever seen (and may I say that last comment is extremely apt, as well as humorous, sir!)

Possession ratio: Barcelona 69% - 31% Arsenal

But it doesn't stop there...

Shots on goal: Barcelona ? (somebody please send off to NASA for the estimate) - 0 Arsenal

Barcelona created enough chances to score goodness knows how many times and Arsenal didn't manage a single shot on target in the entire game. Not one!

What about Xavi's goal... the build up, the unraveling of Arsenal's defence layer by layer like it were a big Christmas package... it was simply sublime.

Of course, Arsenal's fans will follow Wenger's lead and decry the referee for sending off Van Persie, but to be brutally honest he was doing sweet Fanny Adams anyway up there without any service. Arsenal could barely get out of their own half! Barcelona had them pegged back so far up the pitch it was almost embarrassing.

Incredible caveat!

Despite the utter pummeling they took, the away goals rule still could've gave Arsenal a get out of annihilation free card right at the end! If Bendtner were any kind of real talent he could've absolutely pinched the tie from Barcelona with that gilt-edged chance that Wilshere rolled across to him. Incredible!

If half of the people who lazily slag off football as "boring" watched even the second half of that match...

I could quite happily watch the entire match again right now.

Best pause for breath now. If you witnessed that, I expect you'll understand why.

Comment

Last half of the Spain v. Czech game was pretty spectacular yesterday.

David Villa is a magical mogwai striker.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

He's a dainty scamp, indeed, mate.

The last matches I saw were England/Wales on Saturday and the Scots vs. Brazil on Sunday. Both were moderately entertaining at best. I find this international break to come at such a horrible time. All kinds of fervour was building for the final stretch of the club season and then this totally interrupted it.

Comment

That hat trick.

Jesus, he woke up quick (at about noon, had to be in Compton soon).
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

*deep breath*

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X