Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Video Games

Video Games We play them, and we know you do. Discuss games ranging from Custard's Revenge to Burnout Revenge here.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:14 AM
where's the beef?

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey
Default Batman: Arkham Asylum

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/13/ei...ylum-official/

Quote:
According to Eidos, the game's story, penned by Batman Beyond's Paul Dini, will center on a trap set by Arkham Asylum inmates for Batman as he delivers Joker to the infamous prison.
Could this be a decent Batman game? That'd be a first in a long fucking time. The last good one I can remember is the Animated Series one for the SNES.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:26 AM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts

I don't remember a good one. I played the NES Batman game from the '89 movie. It was lame. I played Batman Forever. God awful. I played the animated one on the Genisis. Mind numbingly horrific. I refuse to believe there will ever be a good Batman game. Well, maybe the Lego one.

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:27 AM
where's the beef?

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Yeah, I got the Genesis version on Gametap because I thought it was the SNES version. The Genesis version fucking blows hard.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:35 AM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts

Thank God they weren't the same. That Genesis game was a loaf.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:25 PM
The red capes are coming

Fil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy Barty

At least Paul Dini is on it. That's something.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:26 PM
where's the beef?

Yep. If anything the story should be decent. But I want a fun playing Batman game dammit!
Old 08-14-2008, 08:36 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

Except for the awful forced-scrolling last level, I always really liked the Batman Game Boy Game. I imagine if I booted it up again I'd hate it.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:05 AM
where's the beef?

http://www.destructoid.com/elephant/...hoto_key=56857

Some screens here. I had no idea they were using this to bring Riddick into Bats world.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Benis

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Well, the Joker looks cool. The exterior shot of Arkham was pretty awesome.

But Batman looked like shit. Or looked like he had to take one.

Sorry to say, but the first good Batman game will involve Legos.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:37 PM
where's the beef?

It just sucks because those Lego games, while fun for like an hour, just don't do anything for me.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

Same here, Rob.

I like those screens. The Joker looks pretty fucked up.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:09 AM
Benis

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

True, I would rather it be less Lego, more Goddamn Batman.

Unfortunately, DC gives up the license to Eidos. Too bad I'll never see a Rockstar North or Bethesda Batman.

But maybe I give Eidos a bum rap, seeing as how they made the epic/epically retarded Nightmare Creatures back in the day. That shit was awesome. So maybe it will be good. Who da fuck knows?
Old 09-10-2008, 10:37 AM
where's the beef?

http://kotaku.com/5047657/mark-hamil...-arkham-asylum

And Mark Hamill is confirmed as the Joker. Nice.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:13 AM
<-----THIS!

Now where's Kevin Conroy, damnit???

Old 09-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Benis

At home...WASHING HIS TIGHTS.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:13 PM
The red capes are coming

Fil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Now where's Kevin Conroy, damnit???
They are probably saving that announcement for later.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:15 AM
where's the beef?

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/01/30/jo...sylum-trailer/

It looks nice (which is expected since it's using the Unreal Engine), it sounds nice, but I'm still reserving any excitment until it gets reviewed. I've been burned too many times.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Benis

Looks alright so far. I'll wait until there's either a) first-hand impressions or b) a demo for any sort of nerd judgment.

Best part: thinking that Batman had to sit there listening to the Joker the entire way to Arkham. I bet that asshole is a backseat driver.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:47 AM
where's the beef?

I bet they played license plate bingo.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:27 PM
where's the beef?

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/27/gd...otage-no-joke/

Wow. Looks pretty sweet so far.