• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listening To Movie/Game Scores

Apparently this is a thing.

Any of y'all do this?

Why?

Score music doesn't work for me out of the context of the movie/game. I've even bought a couple of scores to see if I get anything out of it. Nope, nothing.
    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Jurassic Park got so much fucking play when I was a kid. That score still kicks ass.

Otherwise, nope. But I will listen to covers of videogame music. That's right. I'm THAT guy.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I do this, it makes good background music. It sometimes provides great atmosphere.

After listening to the MOON soundtrack while watching a sunset from my desk. Yeah, can't beat that.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

I can beat that. Getting a blowjob to the theme of the pause screen of Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. And yep, that happened.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bu9EZa7_WjI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bu9EZa7_WjI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

We lasted like 3 mins until I had to stop her and turn it off. We laughed. NOTHING MAKES THAT MUSIC SEXY.

Also, it made me think of Deliverance and that's never good when you're full of the boner juice.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Did ya make the Banjo noise while getting blown?

Comment

I'll jam Braveheart in the background if I want to fall asleep at my pc.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

When I used to write, I'd play the soundtrack from The Insider over and over again.

Comment

Basil Poledouris (Robocop and Conan)
                John Williams (1975-1984)
                Battletoads (Pause Screen)
                Howard Shore (Ed Wood)

All get massive replays.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Whenever I'm trying to get into a certain frame of mind (re: focused), I'll usually put scores on a loop.

Examples: Cliff Martinez's Solaris score
                  Clint Mansell's Moon and The Fountain scores
                  Harry Gregson-Williams' Kingdom of Heaven score
                  Zimmer and Newton Howards' Batman Begins and Dark Knight scores

Depending on the need for something rapturous or somber, it can fluctuate greatly.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

I love a few... Gladiator, Jurassic Park, Halo, and Braveheart. I know I like some others just can't think of any.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      Jurassic Park got so much fucking play when I was a kid. That score still kicks ass.

Otherwise, nope. But I will listen to covers of videogame music. That's right. I'm THAT guy.
                      NIN?
                      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                        Apparently this is a thing.

Any of y'all do this?

Why?

Score music doesn't work for me out of the context of the movie/game. I've even bought a couple of scores to see if I get anything out of it. Nope, nothing.
                        Movie scores absolutely should work by themselves. I'm thinking you are missing a soul, perhaps?

Recent scores that still get a listen from me? The LOTR soundtracks.
                        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I own the soundtrack to Batman: The Animated Series. I need to listen to that again.

Comment

Does DJ Hero count?
                            The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Originally posted by COLONEL RAPEMONSTER View Post
                              Basil Poledouris (Robocop and Conan)
                              John Williams (1975-1984)
                              Battletoads (Pause Screen)
                              Howard Shore (Ed Wood)

All get massive replays.
                              So much win here. Basil's Robocop theme has not left my mind since I first heard it in elementary school. And the Battletoads pause screen is like a demonic thumping nightmare from hell.

I'll listen to Star Wars soundtracks for weeks on end, along with the Superman theme and Elfman's Batman theme. I can also listen to the LotR soundtracks over and over. Jurassic Park was played a lot when I was a kid too. The Shadow theme is also fucking aces.

Not too keen on video game soundtracks, although Halo is neat.

I love the music on the old Universal monster movies, but I don't think I'd listen to just the music while stuck on the 405.
                              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Working...
                              X