Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Told my woman just this last weekend that I was going to have her watch In Bruges very soon. Her response will determine the chance of my ever considering procreation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      Sounds like the new lady is working out rather nicely!
      I'm gonna find it very hard to not fall in love with her.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• SO glad to hear that, Ben!!
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Watched about half of District 13: 2

The parkour's nice
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
            The parkour's nice
            This sentence officially makes no sense.

Comment

• For once it actually doe, Vin.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Okay let me try again

"The Parkour is nice to look at"

Ya happy now?

Comment

• No, Ed... you misunderstand.

Grammatically, you were spot on.

I just hate parkour, is all.

Comment

• How can you hate parkour? I'm not cheerleading it, mind you. But that's like saying you hate capoeira and you'd only say that if you somehow watched Only The Strong.

Comment

• I love capoeira thanks to Only The Strong.

"What can I get for...*licks bill and sticks it for forehead* twenty?!"

Comment

• I can't believe I just got someone to elict an Only the Strong refrence.

Damn, I'm good.

Comment

• Shutter Island

Very similar reaction to this the 2nd time round as I did with The Prestige. Once trying to second guess the twist is out of the way, you are free to drink in the incredible filmmaking and excellent performances of all involved. This is an excellent film and I can see I'll be arguing with people who can't see past the lighthouse scene for years to come.

Scorsese is unleashed here, having the most fun with camera and editing techniques since maybe Cape Fear and the use of light throughout is quite astonishing. DiCaprio has had a stellar year too and his work here and in Inception is neck and neck as being the best of his career.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Shutter Island was beautiful and featured incredible performances by all...but it's just so dull. It's working towards the most telegraphed twist ever. I wish there had been some kind of wink wink to the audience that if they are paying attention is saying "hey, it's not a twist, you're in on it too" or something.

Comment

• I don't disagree with you completely, but the scenes with Chuck are really interesting the second time around. I don't think it's dull at all, I have to say. A little wordy and expository in places, sure, but Scorsese's style papers over the cracks for the most part.

Comment

• I supposed dull was the wrong word. It captivated me thanks to the outstanding look and performances, but I just left wanting something a bit more shocking or creative. Not a bad movie by any means, probably very close to a great film, but the end just left me cold.

Comment

Working...
                                X