Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who ya gonna call?

http://chud.com/articles/articles/16...OYD/Page1.html

According to CHUD, not Ramis or Aykroyd. A pair of writers from NBC's The Office will be writing the new installment of the Ghostbusters franchise.

Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, Ghostbusters was one of my favorite movies as a kid (so much so that before we would go on long trips, I'd record the sound from the movie onto a cassette tape so I could listen to it) but I don't really see how they can do this move justice. The idea of some "new busters" taking over for the original have been banded about for years but like Devin said, I'd rather them just start the movie with Ghostbusters being a franchise all over the world. And we'd follow a few different branches of them for most of the movie. And then a mega battle at the end with a shitton of Ghostbusters, including the originals, taking on a massive baddie.

But we probably won't get that. We'll get another reboot essentially (just like GB2) and if that's the case, meh.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Yeah, the last thing we need as a second reboot. If the video game has The Ghostbusters as a franchise, then why can't the movie? I put little faith in ever seeing a 3rd film anyways. I'll believe it when shooting starts.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Don't need it. After the disappointment of Tropic Thunder, and all these stupid shitbag remakes/reboots/reeboks, I am becoming quite fed up with movies. Also, I watched Jedi the other night and felt nothing. Am I dying inside? Am I...........old?
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

I'm with you on Star Wars Nate. IT's been too long since I've been able to sit through them all the way through. I think I need like a 5 year break. It broke my heart the day I realized this. Haha.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

There needs to be waaaayyyy less emphasis on the "glory days" of our childhood. Long live the new flesh. Chest vagina.

Comment

Nate, pop Robocop into your dvd player, and feel all that is good return to your soul.

Comment

Just make sure it's not Robocop on Blu. Man, that was tough to watch..

Comment

Yeah, I'm not buying that. I'll stick to my sd dvd, thank you very much!

Comment

I love Robocop. I may still have to skip past "the scene" if you know what I mean. That is just too fucked up. Even for my weird ass.

Comment

Yeah, the ass to ass scene with Murphy and Boddicker was just gratuitous.

Comment

I meant the scene where he runs over his kid with the car, throws the corpse through the front window, tackles his wife, and repeatedly slams his hand-spike into her thorax demanding to know where his dinner was. The ass to ass was fine.

Comment

It went too far, I do say.

Comment

Bitch had it comin' though.

Comment

Don't they all?

Comment

"They all want it." -Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                              X