No Country for Old Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Country for Old Men

This movie was a strange experience for me. I loved the whole thing but it left an incredibly bad taste in my mouth, if that makes any sense.

Lots of unanswered questions, a repeat viewing is definitely in order. I'm curious of others' thoughts.

Re: No Country for Old Men

We just watched this and we both thought it was fucking fantastic. The Coens nailed this one out of the park. I love the fact that
    (SPOILERS) there are no clear cut answers, Anton just fades back in the void while Tommy Lee ponders the why of it all(End Spoilers)

I'm exhausted at the moment and will try to post more tomorrow. I just wish I would have broke my no theater rule and gone out and saw this earlier.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I was pretty impressed by this movie, especially by Javier Bardem (who played Anton). He plays a psychopath pretty well...
      If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley
        I was pretty impressed by this movie, especially by Javier Bardem (who played Anton). He plays a psychopath pretty well...
        He was a genius in that role. Fucking fantastic. And Josh Brolin is becoming one of my favorite actors lately. Between this and Planet Terror, dude is on a roll.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

MUST.SEE.FILM.NOW!
          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Man Ari, so many films you must watch now. Haha. But yah, I now see why some people hated this flick by the end. I, luckily, was not one of them.

Comment

Working...
            X