No announcement yet.

Loki, WandaVision, and the rest of Marvel on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait, is there really going to be a Damage Control show?!

Comment

yeah man! I posted about it a while back. I'm excited.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Maybe I knew that and completely forgot? That title was the first that popped in my head when I was trying to think of something superhero related that was always goofy. That's great news!

Comment

Jessica Jones looks good, but I hope it doesn't drag like Daredevil did for me.

Damage Control sounds fun.
          "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
            It's nice that Marvel is doing more feel-good, family stuff.

That's the beauty of Marvel.

They have a wide spectrum of material. It's just that the darker and bigger is selling first.

There are plans for lighter and sooner than you think.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Ok, 2 episodes in, Jessica Jones is fucking awesome. Sadly working nights, so back at it Monday....
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

I watched the first 3. I like it. The dialog and interactions in the very first 15 minutes are SO bad though that I almost turned it off. Like, they saw that, took everyone back and changed the approach but didn't have the budget to re-shoot that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  I watched the first 3. I like it. The dialog and interactions in the very first 15 minutes are SO bad though that I almost turned it off. Like, they saw that, took everyone back and changed the approach but didn't have the budget to re-shoot that stuff.

Most of the pilot was the original ABC script from 2010/2011 that the series showrunner wrote and seemingly fell in love with during the initial setup. Once it gets past there, it picks up.

I do have more issues with this series than I did with Daredevil. But, I'll wait to bring them up until after everyone has made it through the series.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

So far I like it MORE than Daredevil, but again, I thought DD had up and downs.

Comment

first episode of Jones was decent. Not rushing to finish and will be taking my time. Definitely not a binge show for me.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I'm with you one that. Neither that nor DD were binge-shows. And I like it that way.

Comment

Meh, I'll get this off my back so I can focus on gift guide.

Spoiler: Spoilers 

The first episode was shiftless for most of the time.
                          When the shit finds its feet, it sinks hard into the Brian Michael Bendis source material.

The accident that killed the Jones family and gave Jessica her powers was handled perfectly. Everything with kid Jessica was handled perfectly.

The introduction of Nuke (Officer Simpson) was handled perfectly and begins to suggest the long game that the Marvel TV shows are going to take.

David Tennant kills as Killgrave, but he suffers from the Loki syndrome. The villain keeps upstaging the hero.

Colter is great as Luke Cage, but too fucking low key. I don't need yellow flowing shirts and steel tiaras, but I need to see Luke Cage.

Also, when Cage gets shot in the neck with the shotgun...the reaction didn't seem to line up with his powers.

Everything with Carrie-Anne Moss felt like a shitty Shonda Rhimes show.

They missed a goldmine of opportunity with Killgrave's backstory.

Krysten Ritter smiles weird.

Patsy Walker is the real MVP of the series and not enough people are talking about her.

Ritter is so fuckable, but she could've done this role in her sleep. I'm not saying it is beneath her, but she played Jones as TV fucked up. Not, Killgrave kept me prisoner and used every orifice on my body for his pleasure. Then, he gets bored and uses me as a superhuman weapon of destruction.

All she did was chest punch a chick and she felt bad.

Killgrave's power usage, including the stuff with Jessica's house and the help staff were PITCH PERFECT.

Rebecca DeMornay's face is old and reminds that we're all dying.

Comment

Watched the first 3 episodes of Jessica Jones, and so far I like it. Enjoying it more than Daredevil.
                            "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

David Tennant is by far the most terrifying villain of the MCU.

Comment

I'm about halfway through Jessica Jones and I think it's fair to say it's the best Marvel tv show. Barty Crouch Jr is fuuuuucked up, man. Creepy as hell. I wish they had more Trish Walker because she's great.

Comment

Working...
                                X