No announcement yet.

Contagion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailer looks good, looks like something I'd dig.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Just wow. Looks like everything I want from a Soderbergh film and things I never expected. Sign me up.

What's this about him retiring? I know there was talk that he refuted as being taken out of context years ago, but these noises are resurfacing. Anyone know anything solid? I'd hate to lose him - he's one of the finest, most diverse working directors in my opinion.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

That's a hell of an outstanding cast.

And Ben, last I read on the retirement was he had his handful of projects he wanted to complete, and then that's it.

Comment

Dare I say Oscar-worthy. 9/10

Last edited by PHEDG; 09-09-2011, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
            Dare I say Oscar worthy. 9/10

Wasn't the score awesome?
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Love all of Cliff Martinez's scores. Traffic's being my favorite.

Comment

Love all of Cliff Martinez's scores. Traffic's being my favorite.

This is the first one since Traffic that really popped for me.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Whoa he scored Drive too!

Comment

My favorite movie this year so far and scary as Hell.
                    Originally posted by Ari
                    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Saw it! REALLY scary.

But not as good as Drive. It's my 2nd though I think.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Whoa he scored Drive too!

Yeah, I didn't dig the Drive score as much as I did Contagion.

But, Drive's the far better movie.

Comment

Contagion's score was interesting, but ultimately was too overpowering for a film bogged down in the minutiae of epidemiology.

What I mean is that the bleeping and blooping distracted from what would have played just fine with a subdued or even nonexistent score.

Independent of the film, it is highly listenable material. As a part of the film, it is at odds with what is happening on screen.

Oh, and I finally saw it. I thought it was a mostly solid film outside of the magical 11th hour cure and Jude Law's hilariously cartoonish blogger and his subplot. I understand the point of his existence in a robust take on modern disease treatment and the role of Big Pharma, but it could have been handled better.

But I must tip my hat to Serderburger for taking into account the human toll by killing off Hollywood royalty.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Loved the flick... Made me realize I touch my face way too damn much!

Comment

Originally posted by rethuglican View Post
                              Loved the flick... Made me realize I touch my face way too damn much!
                              You also pee every 12 minutes like an old woman. Everybody say hi to Ned or Ed(not to be confused with Hocken) He's a friend of mine IRL.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                              X