Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genre Discussion: VAMPIRE Movies

I vant to zuck yooor bluddd!!!!!

So yeah, Halloween is here and all that. There are tons and tons of Vampire movies out there.

Which ones are scary?
    Which ones are fun?
    Which ones must be avoided at all costs?
    Which is your favorite?
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Lost Boys is still one of my favorites. Salem's Lot is badass. Dracula 3000 is FUCKING GREAT DRUNK.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

And fuck Twilight and all of it's shitty wannabe sexy vampire flicks in their stupid faces.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

From a purely nostalgic point of view, I'd kinda have to go with 'Love at First Bite' as being a favorite. I haven't seen it in probably 20 years, but I remember enjoying it quite a bit in the 80s. I'm sure that time hasn't been very kind to it.

I always enjoyed 'The Lost Boys'. It did a great job of being fun and creepy at the same time, and the sense of atmosphere in it is first rate. Great casting and a killer soundtrack.

I never cared for the Coppola version of 'Dracula'...too overdone and overwrought, and the Keanu factor drags it down. It has good moments in it, though.

Of the classics, I prefer 'Nosferatu' over either of the 1931 'Dracula' films. I also prefer the Christopher Lee Dracula films, frankly...good fun.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Also, 'Lifeforce' is a guilty pleasure. You can't go wrong with Mathilda May walkign around naked.

Comment

The Hammer flicks are great.

FRIGHT NIGHT is also fucking fantastic.

Comment

hell YES on 'Salem's Lot', by the way. That creeped me out in a major way when I was a kid.

Comment

I love Blade 1 and 2, Interview With A Vampire, Lost Boys is so much fun, Blackula was a favorite as a kid, but I haven't seen it in 20 years, any Christopher Lee Hammer movies obviously, Daybreakers was fun...and of course

JOHN CARPENTERS VAMPIRES

Fucking love that horrible movie.

As for a favorite...Probably Interview. Love all the performances, if not the romanticism, and for me the most interesting part of being a vampire is living for so long and watching the world change and suffering all kinds of incredible emotions watching loved ones come and go, hiding from the world, all of that.

Comment

Copola's Dracula is worth watching for Oldman. He is SO damn good.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    Copola's Dracula is worth watching for Oldman. He is SO damn good.
                    I never cared for him in this one, sorry. The only person that I liked in the film was Hopkins...he looked like he was having an absolute gas.

Comment

Was never a fan of Hamiliton in Love at First Bite, but I remember loving the fuck outta "My Best Friend is a Vampire" as a kid. So my taste is suspect.

Comment

One thing we can all agree on: Keanu Reeves should never have been in Dracula.

Comment

Originally posted by Corey Feldman View Post
                          One thing we can all agree on: Keanu Reeves should never have been in Dracula.
                          Yes for sure. And Matt I totally spaced on Hopkins. He's even better than Oldman. What bugs me the most about it though? That goofy ass armor he wears at the beginning.

Comment

Monster Squad still has one my favorite portrayals of Dracula. Especially the bat transformation scene.

Comment

Monster Squad is a definite childhood favorite, but I have kind of avoided it since it was released on DVD.

Comment

Working...
                              X