Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
    Concurred.

Also any word on whether it's hour and a half eps for all 6? *plzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplz*

They shot 10 hours for air. Who knows what'll get cut?
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Vanderhuge View Post
      I was stoked to see him in this. He was a good friend of my ex's sister and I got to hang out with him a few times - super-nice, hilarious dude.
      That's awesome.

Anyway, major props to the foley guys on this episode. The butchering scene made me want to throw up. Good lord. Also, I expect bad things to happen when ZOMBIE ROOKER gets free and surprises the camp outside town. I assume this will happen. You don't leave Rooker for dead and expect a free pass.

Comment

• The zombies are to smart. Goes against the comic. The make-up/cgi saves it.

Comment

• Renewed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fej View Post
            The zombies are too smart. Goes against the comic. The make-up/cgi saves it.
            fixed

Comment

fixed
              Nope, it's still broken in that I disagree with you.

Having the occasional zombie with the motor skills to hold a rock or climb a short fence is a lot scarier than running zombies, that's for sure. "Oh thank god I climbed that fence to get away. No way they can get me here OH FUCK THAT'S CHEATING. CHEATING-ASS UNDEAD BASTARDS"
              sigpic
              360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

• This is win. Jeff is fail.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• If Frank wants one to climb a fence I'm cool with it. If we see them JUMPING OVER FENCES AND PARKOURING (like in the DotD piece of shit sequel) then we have issues. This episode was fucking great. Dig that they're going away from the comic in areas. Then I have two awesome versions of this stuff. Works for me.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I'm pretty thrilled with the zombies having the odd connection with their human instincts to know to use a brick on a window or attempt to climb a ladder. It makes them all the more terrifying, and gives a sense that inside the zombies is still a hint of what they used to be. Plus it makes for great "holy shit it's going to get up that ladder!" moments.

Comment

• A blog I read...

Spoiler: :grumble: 
                      Just because their FX team can make great looking zombies (and I mean AMAZING looking zombies) doesn't make a show. And, to everyone who says that it's better than other things out there or we're just luck to have zombies on tv: Really? If someone made a television show of X-Men but the powers didn't match up with the correct characters, the casting was terrible, and the writing was awful no one would watch it and it would get canceled.

Able to turn door knobs, picking up teddy bears, ducking and looking underneath tanks and then proceeding to crouch and crawl under them, pick up bricks and smashing windows with it...it implies independent conscious thought. The comic differentiates retention of repetitive exercises vs conscious thought. It would be tools they used all the time. Not a conscious decision to pick up a brick they needed to smash a window, opening doors, looking under tanks, etc.

I had less of a problem with the teddy bear because of the comic talking about them having "residual memories." I could accept that was her go-to childhood toy and it was just reflex memory to pick it up.

But, to follow someone, crouch down to see them better, crain your neck in order to better evaluate the situation/get a better look, and then proceed to crawl underneath an object all requires significant conscious choice/thought on the part of a zombie that otherwise shouldn't have any...it's just too much.

I could see the crush of the group of them knocking some down to their knees whereupon they could crawl under the tank...it's an easy way to explain/achieve the same effect without giving them conscious choice.

They're using it as plot devices to heighten the danger/suspense of the scene and that's not right.

A zombie wouldn't sit there turning a doorknob all night long of a house she only lived in for a few weeks at most (if we're relying on reflex memory it would be more plausible if it was her family home).

A zombie wouldn't pick up a brick to smash a window...honestly, I think it would have lent more to the story if they had broken the window using the crush of the zombie masses.

There are easier ways to get them to accomplish the same tasks...they're choosing to use these "out-of-context" actions in order to play-up the scene. It's not that it's simpler to write or shoot...it's that the general public would find this more relate-able in a heightened sense of danger, fear, and urgency. It's lazy writing...it adds nothing to further the story, but makes it easier to heighten the "fear" of a situation. But, really, all it adds to the story is the heightened "fear" of dealing with a mass of semi-intelligent burglars.

I really want to like this...I want to love it. The FX team is amazing...I loved watching this:
                      <object height="385" width="640">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wa0tRQ2Q0Wk?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="640"></object>

But, like I said before, good-looking zombies do not make a show...and, so far, this is all they have going for them. I'm gonna keep watching, but I hope it gets better.

Comment

A blog I read...
                        And, to everyone who says that it's better than other things out there or we're just luck to have zombies on tv: Really? If someone made a television show of X-Men but the powers didn't match up with the correct characters, the casting was terrible, and the writing was awful no one would watch it and it would get canceled.
                        Except none of this pertains to The Walking Dead. Everything has been top notch. People just like to bitch when the Romero zombie is tinkered with as it has somehow become the sacred cow to all geeks across the world, and cannot be evolved in any way. Personally, I think a show that is going to go many seasons (AMC already said they would "love" 10 season, I'm betting 5-6) needs a different type of zombie to stay interesting.

Comment

• Comment

• Funny but so very true. I feel kind of sad for the people who get trapped in the "Zombies have to be slow!" mindset. There are a million ways zombies can be fucked-up scary. I think Darabont had the perfect answer. When he was asked how fast the zombies will be he said, "Just as fast as they need to be."

Comment

• I just hate Jeffrey for spoiling this episode for me. haha

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                                Except none of this pertains to The Walking Dead. Everything has been top notch. People just like to bitch when the Romero zombie is tinkered with as it has somehow become the sacred cow to all geeks across the world, and cannot be evolved in any way. Personally, I think a show that is going to go many seasons (AMC already said they would "love" 10 season, I'm betting 5-6) needs a different type of zombie to stay interesting.

Romero is the sacred cow but so long as the world's rules around the zombies stays constant, changes are welcomed. JUST NO PARKOUR ZOMBIES.

Comment

Working...
                                X