Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigos (i.e., sauerkraut stew). A quart of sauerkraut, a goodly sized London broiul cooked in beef broth and added to said kraut, along with 1 lb of kielbasa browned in bacon fat & a diced onion & 1T flour browned afterward in same pan. CHOW.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
      I improvised. Some Korean rice noodles, ground lamb, pistachio nuts, mint leaves, and some fish sauce.

Bucky, while not a 'people food' cat... finished the rest straight from the pot.
      Damn, this sounds good. I almost just want to make it for shits.
      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by ingrid View Post
        Once again tried my hand at beef and noodles. Last time it turned into glue. This time, however, was a complete success! Huzzah!
        Ohhhhhh yes.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
          Bigos!
          You are like the buzzing of flies to him!

Comment

• Ate WAY too much this weekend. Pizza and snacks at my niece's birfday, a huge breakfast yesterday, lunch at BK (had a double cheeseburger with bacon and some fries), and Jen made steak sammiches for dinner. Followed that with the last of the birfday cake yesterday and a big glass of milk. I was dying by 8:00 PM and went to bed. NEVER AGAIN.

ETA: Nice one, Vin!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
              Ate WAY too much this weekend. Pizza and snacks at my niece's birfday, a huge breakfast yesterday, lunch at BK (had a double cheeseburger with bacon and some fries), and Jen made steak sammiches for dinner. Followed that with the last of the birfday cake yesterday and a big glass of milk. I was dying by 8:00 PM and went to bed. NEVER AGAIN.
              Damn, dude. Just reading that gave me heartburn.

Speaking of which, a general question since we all love to eat: How often do y'all get heartburn? Is it from overeating, from certain foods, or both?
              "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
              *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• In my case, once in a blue moon - this weekend was a rarity as I don't really eat all that much to begin with. The cake last night was more out of guilt than anything else: "Oh, c'mon, Tim! Your niece helped make that cake! It's just one piece - eat it before it goes stale."

Yeah, it was delicious, but damn, did my body make it's displeasure known. Couldn't take an antacid either, as it'd fuck with my cholesterol med.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                  Ate WAY too much this weekend. Pizza and snacks at my niece's birfday, a huge breakfast yesterday, lunch at BK (had a double cheeseburger with bacon and some fries), and Jen made steak sammiches for dinner. Followed that with the last of the birfday cake yesterday and a big glass of milk. I was dying by 8:00 PM and went to bed. NEVER AGAIN.

ETA: Nice one, Vin!
                  I'm PMSing, and suffering from a horrendous pre-period migraine. I think I'll stick to my diet for the day, but dinner tonight has got to be a cheesesteak. It has to be.

Originally posted by Nick Vanderhuge View Post
                  Speaking of which, a general question since we all love to eat: How often do y'all get heartburn? Is it from overeating, from certain foods, or both?
                  I don't get heartburn, but George does. He mostly gets it from citrusy stuff - he has to be really careful how much orange juice he drinks, he has to be careful of eating too much pasta with tomato sauce - they all give him heartburn.
                  2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• I used to get heartburn something awful on a daily basis. That was the thing that initiated my wanting to eat better in the first place I think. I always have low acid orange juice, because I love OJ and can drink a whole carton without realizing it. Chili does me in a lot of times, like if I just have some canned chili for hot dogs or Frito pies, almost always does me in. If I decide to have a soda with something I'm pretty much assured to get some heartburn. Anytime I really overeat to the point of stupidity will do me in as well, big time. I'll be stuffing my face somewhere and then it just hits me and I know I'm going to have a bad night.

Comment

• Steak, salad, baked sour cream and onion Lays

For tonight, pot roast tacos with corn cole slaw.
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Your side dish ideas intrique me.

Tell me more of this 'corn cole slaw'...

Comment

• Just regular cole slaw with corn nibblets thrown in.

I'm sure if you boil some corn, shave it, and throw it in. It'd be really fresh. But I just picked up a can of corn at the local store.

I was thinking of making the tacos and then topping with the slaw. I had originally wanted to get rolls but I figure tortillas would be healthier.

Let's hope I just didn't throw a bunch of things together that shouldn't go together.
                          Last edited by Ed Hocken; 01-17-2011, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• Ah! I had an image of something along the lines of corn relish... a condiment I cannot sing enough praises for.

Comment

• Huh, a relish in cole slaw? Hmmm......

Comment

• With regard to the heartburn question: as has been noted in another thread, I have a pretty much cast iron stomach, so heartburn is a relative rarity for me. But I was under a huge amount of stress a couple weeks ago, and THAT brought on some serious burn indeed. So that's another factor not mentioned, that does me in personally more so than amount or kind of food. Eating in an all fired hurry bothers me at times, as well. Hate, hate, HATE doing that.
                                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Working...
                                X