Freddy's Dead or Jason Goes to Hell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddy's Dead or Jason Goes to Hell?

Which one is worse? I'd say Freddy's Dead, but I don't really remember much from that film. Jason Goes to Hell had a few cool easter eggs for horror fans, but Jason was hardly in the film at all. Plus the whole story about his sister pretty much flips a huge middle finger to the past 8 Jason films. Then again, Jason in his worm form does slither his way into his sister's twat, only to pop out a second later as a fully grown and clothed Jason in one of the most ludicrous scenes in not just the Friday franchise, but in all of film history.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I feel that Jason Goes to Hell is a craptacular masterpiece.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Re: Freddy's Dead or Jason Goes to Hell?

Dude, both movies are fucking awesome for different reasons. And I shall list them...

Freddy's Dead
    • Has cameos by Alice Cooper, Roseanne and Tom Arnold, Johnny Depp. Plus Yaphet Kotto is in it.
    • Has super cheesy yet awesome 3-D sequence. The kind where the people just point random weapons directly at the screen
    • Has pretty sweet "prequel" sequence seeing Freddy pre-burned and fucking creepy beating his wife
    • Had 3 dream demons at the end that are fucking horrible looking and they even talk
    • Breckin Meyer pre "Rat Race" smoking a joint and going into a video game
    • Freddy has a fucking makeshift Power Glove and says "Now I'm playing with power!"

Jason goes to Hell
    • Fucking cameos by the Necronomicon, the crate from Creepshow, and Freddy's glove
    • Has one of the best pre credit sequences with the big-titted FBI agent playing a teenage girl luring Jason into a circle of SWAT members
    • Has Richard Gant eating a fucking giant black heart that looks to be filled with Grape Jelly
    • Creighton Duke-the bad ass bounty hunter
    • Has one of the best kills (next to the sleeping bag kill) in which two teens are fucking and Jason rips a post through the girl while she riding on top of her boyfriend. Sex kills.
    • "Jason worm" climbing into a woman's vagina. There isn't more to say about that. It's just awesome
    • Gave me a nerd-gasm at the end with Freddy's glove grabbing Jason's mask and bringing to hell. I only had to wait like 10 years to see them finally go at it. Totally worth it.

As you can see Ari, both of those movies are fucking awesome. And JGTH was way more entertaining then the cunt stain of Jason Takes Manhattan.

Except for the decapitation on the roof scene. That is fried gold.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Don't even get me started on Jason Takes Manhattan a.k.a Jason Takes a Boat Ride. The decapitation is easily the best part of that flick.

I forgot that Depp appeared in Freddy's Dead! And how the hell did I forget "Now I'm playing with power!" ???

I am much more a fan of Friday than Nightmare. I love Friday's 1-4, 6, and X. I have a different appreciation for Jason Goes to Hell though. As for Nightmare, only parts 1 and 3 have really stuck with me over the years. I hate 2, parts 4 and 5 are jumbled together in my mind, I now see I need to rewatch Freddy'd Dead, and I thought New Nightmare was kinda kewl.
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Oh I love me some Friday's, specifically the ones you listed. But I was always a huge Freddy fan. NOES 1, 3-4, 6, and New Nightmare are fucking awesometacular. The thing I hated about the F13 flicks, were how much they were edited thanks to the MPAA. Have you read the Crystal Lake Chronicles? That book is fucking fantastic and goes into mad details about how badass those flicks would have been if the MPAA didn't rape them.

As for hating part 2, you can tell even Cj and I got bored by that in our Dvd Commentary. That movie is pretty fucking funny but the last 20-30 mins just go on for fucking ever. Although Freddy looked the best in that movie I think. Well not counting the bad ass version from New Nightmare (which is probably my favorite look for him).
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

That is a hard call to make...I think i like freddy better overall. The part of freddys dead that always creeped me the fuck out was when freddy jabs that huge q-tip in that guys ear and busts his ear drum open and i think there was even some brain on the end of it if i recall correctly....ugg i dont ever wanna go def....how would i live without ever listening to another pop song with voice modulation! thanks T Pain. maybe someone should take out that guys ear drum.
          You totally killed us, you evil metal dickweeds! - Bill S. Preston

Comment

Working...
          X