No announcement yet.

Breaking Bad: SEASON 5... the first half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're just mad because your first batch turned green.

Some cook.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Final death toll.

Comment

• True, it can't top Ozymandias - even Gilligan has said that's as good as BB would ever get - but this was totally satisfying. So it wasn't ultimately surprising, but after trying to second guess the show this entire season, I was more than happy to finally see what I wanted: Walt using his bigass gun on the Nazis, Jesse killing Todd, Marie and Skylar getting closure for their lost husbands and the kids being ok, not to mention Jesse getting away.

And yet, there's still plenty of Gilligan having fun (Badger and Skinny Pete, Walt's arrival at the diner, science saving the day), beautiful gracenotes ('Do it yourself', 'Before I go, can I see her?' - that one nearly ended me) and Walt redeeming himself whilst finally becoming a badass and going out on his terms, a wasted life redeemed finally.

I'm totally happy. Do I love it? As a conclusion to the best drama I've seen in years, absolutely. That it didn't end on the single best episode doesn't matter - name me one show that has. It ended with the best season and one of the best runs in a season I've ever seen.

Breaking Bad
        has landed a spot in my classic TV list, no problem. The Wire might be more wide-reaching and impressive, but Breaking Bad got me right in the heart.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
          You're just mad because your first batch turned green.

Some cook.
          It was more aquamarine in the light.
          Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Has to be said, with as much as they had to fit in, they didn't rush any of the scenes. The stuff with the Schwartzes and Skylar are loooong scenes, in the grand tradition of the show. That's admirable when it could have been half as much talking and twice as much shooting.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I like the theory I read earlier that Walt died in the snow covered car and everything after never happened.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Except fuck that. Jesse needs to be free to roam the earth, making wood shit......bitch.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  I like the theory I read earlier that Walt died in the snow covered car and everything after never happened.
                  Where did you read that horseshit?
                  Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• That's kind of a terrible theory. It's huge cheat for a show that has been exceedingly honest up to this point. That's something that might fit for The Sopranos or Lost but not this show. Did the person cite anything for support?

Comment

• I believe it was the NYT's and yeah. alot of the dream like qualities and actions of the characters after (re: Walt being most wanted and able to hunt down Badger/Pete, the whole bit with the Grey Matter folks, driving across the country and avoiding cops, getting to Skyler and watching Walt without the cops knowing, getting the Stevia into the packet, Jack not just shooting Walt but instead the whole thing with Jesse, etc..)

I loved the ending we got, I just thought it was a fun read and a different take. At least he didn't become a lumberjack.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yesssss

http://m.imgur.com/r2ENG38

Comment

Working...
                        X