John Carter (of Mars)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couldn't get into that show at all.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It took me a couple of episodes to get into it, but by the end of the season (high school handeggball and television, respectively), there is a feeling of elation that kinda sneaks up on you while you watch these kids (albeit fictional) put everything they've got into reaching their goal of making it to the state finals. There are ridiculous and contrived moments, but it is pretty well acted and shot.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I like the Friday Night Lights film. But everything I've seen of Kitsch is just dull and uninspired. Leading man, he is not.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          So...just being clear on this point: I'm the current target for anything and everything that I post. Is that correct?
          I'm an equal opportunity attacker. Basically if ANYONE posts an opinion that allows me to utilize one of the plethora of saved up gif's or jpg's I shall unleash them. Some would say that's a flaw but it's kind of my "thing." I'm not intentionally targeting anyone at this point in time however so if I hit a nerve I didn't mean to.

Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
          Lighten up, buddy.
          I think we all could do this at times. Myself certainly included.

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
          I like the Friday Night Lights film. But everything I've seen of Kitsch is just dull and uninspired. Leading man, he is not.
          Being from Texas and heavily involved in the handegg ball as a youte, there's only so much I can devote to it's portrayals on celluloid. A tv series about it was just not in my "need to see" folder when it came along. Will I check it out later? Probably but not before I get through The Wire.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
            Being from Texas and heavily involved in the handegg ball as a youte, there's only so much I can devote to it's portrayals on celluloid. A tv series about it was just not in my "need to see" folder when it came along. Will I check it out later? Probably but not before I get through The Wire.
            Yup, the weird religious devotion to high school football in Texas totally turns me off that shit.

Comment

• Yeah, being so much a part of it in high school and seeing how some coaches are completely fucking shitbag individuals sapped me for any love I had for high school football. I had a team mate come to me one day, and he was a coaches favorite despite not wanting to be, and he tells me to follow him. So I did and we end up in the head coaches office, this guy hands me a letter from a JuCo in Mississippi that was interested in me possibly playing there. The post mark was at least a month old.**

Now I know a JuCo in Miss. doesn't sound super appealing to most but the thought of continuing to play AND have school at least partially paid for sounded nice. But since I hadn't responded to them they were under the impression that I wasn't really interested.

So yeah, fuck football as a religion. My kids want to play I won't stop them. I won't however indoctrinate them into it with all the bullshit most parents do around here.

**The head coach made weekly presentations of letters of interest to his favorite players. And the guy that found my letter found at least three others guys having similar letters just sitting on the coaches desk.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                Yup, the weird religious devotion to high school football in Texas totally turns me off that shit.
                See, I understand that and all, but it's still a good show that is less about the sport than it is about how the sport is the hub for everything else in a shitty little go-nowhere town.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Back to the JCoM fiascoL there was another Disney marketing blunder on a big-budget movie twenty years ago that became a beloved film to many.

It was about a guy, a girl, and a jetpack.

Now I'm not saying it's an equivalent comparison, just that stuff like this has happened before and doesn't change the fact that the film is what it is. Maybe it'll find its audience one day in the future?

I'll say this much: the score is fanfuckingtastic.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                    See, I understand that and all, but it's still a good show that is less about the sport than it is about how the sport is the hub for everything else in a shitty little go-nowhere town.
                    Which is a big part of the cult like treatment high school football gets here.

Comment

• I find that interesting from a storytelling perspective.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I'll say this, the show looks interesting, I'm just not ready for serious handeggball.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                          I'll say this, the show looks interesting, I'm just not ready for serious handeggball.
                          "THIS FOOSBALL IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO THIS TOWN AND ME PERSONALLY"

You should move.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                            "THIS FOOSBALL IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO THIS TOWN AND ME PERSONALLY"

You should move.
                            This is about as serious as I can take my handeggball right now....

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/baaEei8WgDA" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Comment

Working...
                            X