Big Trouble in Little China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Trouble in Little China

If you've ever played a table-top RPG you'll recognize the pacing of this movie, it runs almost exactly like a mission. A couple of missions actually. It's got regular people, sortof, going up against monsters, magic, and a chinese street gang, no really a chinese street gang, in San Francisco. It's freaking hilarious. But the movie is almost 20 years old so don't go in expecting CG effects.

You'll find yourself saying, "Good Evening Mr. Burton," or trying to memorize the Pork Chop Express monologue.

Dude, you don't have to sell this movie on this forum. Kurt and Carpenter are well loved here. Fantastic flick. Much love.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I remember staying up late and sneaking downstairs into the den that had the tv with cable and watching this on HBO.

I could have gone my whole life with seeing this.
      Last edited by PHEDG; 09-18-2008, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Dude fuck yes.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

BTILC is a fucking classic. I still want a set of high quality toys. You hear me, NECA?
          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

I want a real doll Kim Catrall from this flick. And then a real doll Russell. And then I can pretend like I'm one of the crew. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
              I want a real doll Kim Catrall from this flick. And then a real doll Russell. And then I can pretend like I'm one of the crew. Haha.
              Fuck I'll take a real doll Kim at any point in her life.
              Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

You totally killed us, you evil metal dickweeds! - Bill S. Preston

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X