No announcement yet.

Breaking Bad: Season 3 [spoilers]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

LOVE IT.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        And we begin.

Tuco was scarier than any cop man. Seriously, you know this. All a cop is gonna do is lock you up. Tuco was going to KILL THEM if they didn't do what he said and he had quite the reputation to do this. Standard drug shit man. So this point doesn't hold up.

That was Saul. I doubt Pinkman came up with that plan man. You're inferring too much here. Doesn't hold up.

Dude, really? Pinkman has always been hot headed and short sighted. ALWAYS. The Hank thing pushed him over the edge because Walt pushed him out of the picture which means now he's fucked up and had no way to make his PHAT LOOTZ. Which means no money, plus he thought that Walt was stealing his thunder.
        Your explanation has no bearing on why Pinkman didn't give a shit about getting his ass kicked by Tuco, but suddenly wants Hank dead more than anything in the entire world because he kicked his ass. His entire ranting tirade in the hospital was so over the top ridiculous it was obvious the actor behind Jesse wanted his Golden Glode or Oscar or whatever because it makes no sense. Why doesn't anyone bring up the fact that Hank beat his ass because Walk saved Pinkman from going to jail forever by pulling that stunt? That's less relevant than "Tuco is a scary guy"? Puh Leez. Jesse might have been short sighted and hot headed but he wasn't a completely thoughtless idiot (also showcased when he decides, inexplicably, to personally push meth on a teeny store clerk while driving his lab around). Again, his character just turned completely brainless and stupid. All the character development from season 2, when he finds the homeless kid at Spooges' house, the girlfriend, etc. just right out the window. Also, it's like YOU aren't watching the show because Walt didn't push Pinkman out of the picture, he could still cook meth, he professed that he WOULD, actually. He just didn't have a bulk buyer, he was already starting his own side operation. But I digress. Bottom line is Pinkman just got totally stupid.

Hahah. I love you man. You LOVE AVATAR (with all of it's stupid plot shit) but bitch about shit that has no bearing here. How are they generic and bumbling? They are fucking killing machines (when told) and the Hank shit was PERSONAL. Hank fucking offed Tuco and that was the only reason they started this Terminator shit against Hank. It was shown in the flashback with their crazy uncle telling them that the only thing that matter is family. In the heat of the moment, sometimes an axe to the head sounds better than a quick fire of a gun. Also, they didn't call Hank, it was Gustavo or possibly "the fixer". Gustavo wanted them out of the picture because he knew how dangerous they were to his master plan. It's like you're not even watching the show.
        Seriously dude. How many fucking shows have you seen where the bad guy is about to win and he does the same old tired cliche "I'm going to talk, waste some time, go do something totally brainless, and let you figure out a way to kill during the commercial break." I'm not saying I didn't like the two mexicans, they were pretty cool until they decide to kill a relevant character. They tried to kill Hank like a couple of bumbling idiots. The text message him "HEY, we're coming to kill you, dee dee dee." And then, when he's about to kill Hank, he decides to saunter over to the fucking van, grab an axe, and oh my god it's just so fucking stupid. He didn't think that he would have to escape with his injured brother? Or that his bro might be dying, or that Hank could RELOAD?!? It's so lame...the show totally blew it for me with, it was so disappointing. Granted, it was cliche, and I don't really have a problem with a cliche if it's done well, but Breaking Bad felt realistic to me, the characters felt 3 dimensional, with real motivations. Actions had real consequences etc. But after Brother T-800 #2 conveniently turns into a fucking idiot the show just deflated. I was already kinda irritated with the complete degeneration of Pinkman's character and then that happened...I'm gonna try and see if they changed writers.

EDIT: BTW, your point about Saul thinking up the plan and not Pinkman. I'm not infering anything. Who else in the world could Hank possibly think pulled the prank on him? Of course he thinks it's Pinkman. Why does nobody point that out to Pinkman, or even think to mention it?
        Last edited by goober8008; 05-12-2010, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Pinkman was afraid of Tuco. He was never afraid of Hank. And at the end of season 2, Pinkman decided he was the bad guy. He would do whatever he needed and wanted to. Again, the whole spiel during the hospital was because of bad blood from the last two episodes where Walt basically told Pinkman to fuck off and to not use the blue meth formula. Again, it was a way to fuck Walter up. It was really never about Hank.

And the two Hispanic fixers, were always like that. That was in their character. Their nature. Why the fuck would the writers show us them walking all the fucking way from the desert, and then just off them immediately?
          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
            Pinkman was afraid of Tuco. He was never afraid of Hank. And at the end of season 2, Pinkman decided he was the bad guy. He would do whatever he needed and wanted to. Again, the whole spiel during the hospital was because of bad blood from the last two episodes where Walt basically told Pinkman to fuck off and to not use the blue meth formula. Again, it was a way to fuck Walter up. It was really never about Hank.

And the two Hispanic fixers, were always like that. That was in their character. Their nature. Why the fuck would the writers show us them walking all the fucking way from the desert, and then just off them immediately?
            The reason is obvious my friend. To create suspense and multiple cliff hangers, that's the only reason. Why else would they show up and be just about ready to kill Walt until the text message arrives just in time? They were a tool to create suspense, the problem is of course that they were established as completely capable indiscriminent killing machines. Why one would walk off and leave a very capable cop with a gun in his hand to go get an axe is not completely in their character, because they didn't seem like idiots. It was pure bonafide shitty cliche writing.

Comment

Originally posted by goober8008 View Post
              It was pure bonafide shitty cliche writing.
              Says the dude that thinks Avatar is one of the best sci-fi movies ever.

Comment

Says the dude that thinks Avatar is one of the best sci-fi movies ever.
                Don't you mean 'Pochahontas'?

Comment

I actually meant "Dances with Wolves"

Comment

Comment

I actually meant "Dances with Wolves"
                      Hey are we discussing Fern Gully here or Breaking Bad / Bay Watch / Walker: Texas Ranger ???

But yeah, Pinkman has become such a total unlikeable idiot...I liked him, he reminded me of Cutter and Jake Hall back in High School...but now he doesn't make any sense.

And then the way the shoot out went down really pushed things over the edge, it doesn't bode well for the show. I have all the first two seasons on my PS3, once I started watching I was hooked, episode after episode, nonstop. This season started off a little shaky, but I still liked it, hoping it was just a lull. I hope they get their act together, it's still more than salvageable. I just really don't like the last few episodes. Still the best drama I've watched on TV.

Comment

The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Man, goober, you're a big vat of joylessness, aren't you?

Spoiler: RE: Jesse 
                          Jesse was broke with no means to earn. His meth lab is now a 6x6 crunched metal brick, his girlfriend croaked right next to him on drugs he gave her, he'd eaten beatings from pretty much everyone and his only allies are junkies and a man who berates him endlessly. No way he could stand up to any of them, either, because doing so would made the beatings worse, the money stop or (in Tuco's case) set him up to eat a bullet or 12.

But along comes this unhinged cop who lays a beating on him, in his house with no arrest, probable cause, etc etc. Suddenly, Jesse's in the driver's seat. He's finally got his boot on someone's throat. He's the kid who got picked on all his life finally finding someone he can lord it over, and in his eyes all I saw was "GAME ON!"

Tuco was dangerous because he worked outside the law and had no oversight committee breathing down his neck. Jesse was right to be scared because nothing would ever hold a pissed-off Tuco back. Hank, on the other hand, was bound by the law of the land and his overseers put his wellbeing in Jesse's hands. And Jesse was going to squeeze, because FINALLY he had power and he wanted it to last.

THAT is why he made the speech: he finally had a throat he could put a boot on and he wanted to drink the power in.

Spoiler: RE: the cousins 
                          They tried to kill Hank like a couple of bumbling idiots. The text message him "HEY, we're coming to kill you, dee dee dee."
                          No. No. What the fuck. Why are you making shit up? Mike the Fixer called Hank. Had the phone call not been made, Hank would've been a quick corpse.
                          And then, when he's about to kill Hank, he decides to saunter over to the fucking van, grab an axe, and oh my god it's just so fucking stupid. He didn't think that he would have to escape with his injured brother? Or that his bro might be dying, or that Hank could RELOAD?!?
                          Every time you saw them work, the cousins made statement kills. Tortuga, the van of illegals, the cop; all of them were killed in a fashion that said "we are here, fear us". That's their job in the cartel, to off people in a manner that makes those who find the bodies shit themselves. This was to be another statement kill, a 'fuck you' to a DEA cop and Heisenberg. He thought Hank couldn't reload because Hank was using his brother's gun and thus wouldn't have his brother's extra mags. He wanted the statement to be clearer because this guy had killed one family member and hurt another one horribly, no way he was going to get a quick death.
                          Actions had real consequences etc.
                          And these actions don't have consequences... why, exactly?

Seriously, you thought Avatar was great and then you go and overanalyze (poorly, I might add) on Breaking Bad?
                          Last edited by Master Shake; 05-13-2010, 01:07 AM.
                          sigpic
                          360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

Instead of just claiming my analysis is bad by counter-analysis, just saying it's "Bad Analysis" doesn't really do anything for the argument...

I liked that show probably more than anyone else on this forum, like I said I have every episode saved on my PS3. I think I watched the whole two seasons back to back over one weekend. But this season the writing has been completely inconsistent.

Pinkman is completely wack, that's the biggest problem with the show. He's trying too hard for his oscar, maybe a little jealous of that guy from Malcolm in the Middle. Did I miss something, was he always a unlikeable idiot? I actually liked his character until this season, when he became the most unlikeable person on the show. I mean Walt was always really arrogant, but he was still likeable in his own way, just with flaws. Pinkman is a fucking creep that acts totally brainless. I can't be the only one who picked up on this...

This is horribly reminiscent of Battlestar Galactica, a show that had me totally obsessed after the first season. But then the show started to show signs of crapping out. Heed my words, there was a moment in BSG when it was clear the good times were over, it was when the psilons all heard that wack music on the ship during that 3rd(?) season finale. After that scene, where you realized there was something seriously wrong with those writers, the show went to hell. I could barely watch an episode, in fact, I never got through another one. Breaking Bad hasn't reached that point, but they're going there.

Comment

Wow. When I get a free moment, I'll respond in more than just one word.

Comment

also, DUDE HAS BEEN A METH FREAK FOR EVER. HIS PARENTS DISOWNED HIM. HE KILLED HIS GF (kinda). HE GOT THE FUCK BEAT OUTTA HIM A FEW TIMES. HE LOST EVERYTHING. Seriously man.

Comment

Working...
                                X