No announcement yet.

SHOULD I BOTHER WATCHING THIS FILM thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're talking the Tim Burton version, it's OK. Plays fast and loose with the original story, has the usual Burton goth/emo sense of design and atmosphere, but the performances were pretty good I thought. Again, like most of his stuff, worth watching at least once. Follow it up with the classic Disney cartoon, or better still, read the book and it's sequel, Through the Looking Glass.

Comment

• No, they were not good. Stop popping peyote Tim. I wanted to stab Depp with an icepick like two hundred quadrillion million times in the larynx.

Comment

• Hey, for what they had to work with, I thought Depp, Hathaway, Carter, etc. did pretty good. Far from their best work, I grant you, but they really weren't bad. However, Burton really needs to expand his palette a bit more - getting bored with the dreary designs and art direction already. Rather see him do another Mars Attacks to change his game up a bit.

Comment

• Time to put Tim in the black room tied to a chair and deprogram him.

Comment

• fucking LOVED 'Mars Attacks'. It's far from being a perfect film, but it's a nasty, funny ride into pure anarchy that always makes me laugh. It reminds me of 'Gremlins' in a way.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Touch the Hatter, Billy... TOUCH HIM. Drink his tea... DRINK HIS TEA...

Matt, agree with you re: Mars Attacks - not the greatest flick, but a nice little send up of those hammy sci-fi flicks from back in the day. You can sort of tell everyone involved had fun with their roles, though Nicholson seemed just a bit stiff.
              Last edited by Timothy225; 12-30-2010, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• I prefer my Mad Hatter from Batman: The Animated Series, thank you very much.

You left us too soon, Roody McDowell.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• The ONLY Mad Hatter worth a damn:
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• True dat, Ed. Although, I'll always have a special place for the 1966 Batman version:

Matt, truth, son. Truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                      If you're talking the Tim Burton version, it's OK. Plays fast and loose with the original story, has the usual Burton goth/emo sense of design and atmosphere, but the performances were pretty good I thought. Again, like most of his stuff, worth watching at least once. Follow it up with the classic Disney cartoon, or better still, read the book and it's sequel, Through the Looking Glass.
                      No, he's right. It wasn't the greatest, but it was okay to see it once. Not awful, just fine to at least see.

And you can't compare it to stuff of Burton's like "Mars Attacks!" and "Ed Wood" - those were fabulous!
                      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• I liked Mars Attack. Still unsure about Alice.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Ehhhh, see it. It won't change your life, but contrary to what Billy says, it won't ruin it either.
                          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Does anyone else remember a live-action version of Alice back in the late '80's, maybe early '90's? It might have been a TV miniseries or something. All I remember is that it had the Jabberwocky and scared the FUCK out of me.

Comment

• OMG YES.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                I liked Mars Attack. Still unsure about Alice.
                                Mars Attacks is fucking AMAZING. One of Burton's best IMO.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X