The Expendables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    Awful how? All I want is some retarded action scenes with some action stars.... Does it deliver on any promises?
    I'm not expecting a ton, story-wise. I mean, it is what it is. It's a summer action movie with guns and explosions and lots of muscley guys running around. I'm sure it's not huge on plot, but plot isn't why I'm going.
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Awful how? All I want is some retarded action scenes with some action stars.... Does it deliver on any promises?

It's like a SPIKE channel edit of a really good action movie.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Fucking ouch. Studio fuckery?
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Fucking ouch. Studio fuckery?

Felt like it.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Goddammit.....
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I trust Anderson, but I still wanna see it.
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                I trust Anderson, but I still wanna see it.
                I'm with you Lisa. Anderson is usually spot on but I must see with my own eyes.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Well, I'm still following through on my plan to gather most of the males I'm family and friends with and checking this flick out. Then we're going shootin'! If the film DOES suck, like Anderson suggests, we'll have to get our aggressions out anyway.

Regardless, I pity the paper targets next weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                    I'm with you Lisa. Anderson is usually spot on but I must see with my own eyes.

Apparently, it's an R now.

What I saw and my materials had it squarely at PG-13. This late in the game, I have no idea what to make of that.

Comment

• was it any good, Troy?
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        was it any good, Troy?

No.

The film felt like it was fucked with, but I couldn't quite tell who fucked with it. The easy answer is the studio. But, I almost feel a Richard Kelly like twinge to it.

Almost like Stallone doesn't get the material anymore.

Comment

• figures. I'm hearing mixed on it from numerous sources. Indeed, the only actor who seems to be drawing universal praise is Dolph Lundgren...he apparently makes the most of his limited screentime and delivers all of the best moments in the film.
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            figures. I'm hearing mixed on it from numerous sources. Indeed, the only actor who seems to be drawing universal praise is Dolph Lundgren...he apparently makes the most of his limited screentime and delivers all of the best moments in the film.

I didn't get the praise for him. He does decent enough, but he's upstaged by Rourke and Crews.

Comment

• Goin' anyway.

Erkelhol should help the pain.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I probably won't. I'm 95% sure that I'll be taking the wife unit to see EPL this weekend. It'll earn me far to many 'my husband is a great guy' points to pass up, and we NEED to earn those points at strategic points in our marriage...you married guys know what I'm talking about. It's all about maintaining the illusion that we care.

Comment

Working...
                                X