No announcement yet.

Beer. Beer. And more beer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never liked Sierra Nevada. Every single one of their beers has been a waste of calories.

Comment

• I've liked a couple of their offerings (the Glissade, in particular was good), but they have been rather spotty in their overall performance.
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        Never liked Sierra Nevada. Every single one of their beers has been a waste of calories.
        Not even in a pinch. I'd rather drink High Life.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Drank a ton of microbrews in Stillwater on Saturday. For $15, you could get into a tasting with no apparent limit on how much you could drink/sample, so I went nuts for a couple of hours. I don't know if any of you have this stuff by you, but look for Rush River beer. I drank several of their varieties and enjoyed them all, even their IPAs.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          Originally posted by Martin
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Drank some Brooklyn Brewing Co. East India Pale Ales on Hallowe'en. Very good IPA. Strong hop bitterness, but never unpleasantly so. The citrus/piney nnotes of a good hop forward beer were up front and made for a flavorful drinking experience. Not much mlt to balnce it out, so the flavor didn't have as much depth as my beloved Stone Ruination, but when you're in the mood for a bitter beer, these work very well. I was outside wathing for the last straggling trick or treaters, and this is a damned good beer for a cold night. Warming alcohol all over this bad boy. Another sold entry from Brooklyn Brewing.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• St. Arnold's Xmas Ale is out. I wants it. I needs it. But I promised myself I would cut out a lot of carbs, and that's all beer is. Fuck.

Comment

• Bought a Saranac 12 beers of winter last night. Enjoyed a Big Moose Ale, a Winter Warmer Pils, & a Lake Effect Lager. All very good, and excellent examples of their styles. The pils in particular was noteworthy for the peppery, spicy kick a good pils should have. This 12 pack was also intriguinig because it had 2 each of 6 different beers rather than 3 of 4 (or vice versa). Never seen that before. I'm not a big stout fan, but the vanilla stout included herein might be an exception. looking forward to trying the rest.

Comment

• Let's hear it again for microbrews. I had a 22 oz. Red Lodge Ale Hefeweizen for dinner and it was potent enough I didn't want to drive home.

... I suppose it could could have been the fact I barely ate today but yeah...

Comment

• Drank a Trader Joe's Vintage 2011 Ale a few nights ago. This was really good shit. If you can get your hands on it, I'd recommend it. Nice subtle but clean & clear notes of spice (it's flavored w/ spice) that didn't interfere w/ a nicely balanced hops/malt flavor profile. Tastiest beer I've had in a long while.

Comment

• Drank a few Magic Hat Black IPA's the other night. Very bitter, but in a good way. Didn't really detect the hoppy citrus/pine notes, and it had an almost roasted dark flavor to it. One of 4 quarterly releases to come out this year, each showcasing a different take on IPA. Looking forward to trying the others.

Comment

• Never could get a taste for Magic Hat - I forget which one I had, but it was a bit too bitter for me, and had an odd aftertaste to it.

Comment

• Drank some Sierra Nevada Ruthless Ryes this evening while typing dep Summries & smoking cigar. Not bad. I had only ever tried one rye beer befoee (Terrapin), & didn't like it, so I had shied away from ryes ever since. But this one has a nice hevy body to it, and a strong, pleasantly bitter, spicy taste. I think I'll be a little more open to rye beer from now on.

Comment

• Drank a couple Flying Dog Underdog Atlantic Lagers last night. Really good stuff. Pleasantly bitter, but never overwhelmingly so. No malt sweetness detectable, it had a dry, bitter & slightly spicy aftertatse. I presume the hop bitterness was balanced by malt, but since I'm not a fan of the sweetness of malt when it's too assertive, the fact you couldn't really taste the malt scored it big time points.

Comment

• Drinking some sam adams Porch Rocker. It's described as a radler, which is a Bavarin beer mixed w/ German lemonade. Nice citrusy, refreshing taste w/ a light body & a clean, crisp, lemony aftertaste. A perfect brew for a warm night. Blows the Sam's Smmer ale away, IMO, as I am not fond of the biterness of the grains of paradise used in that lemon infused offering. Probably not the brew to drink if you want to drnk something substntil & get a good buzz on, but pefectly refreshing if you just want to wet your whistle.

Comment

• Summit Saga is a pretty fucking tasty IPA that just came out. MADE HERE BITCHES!
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X