Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is not the boring tower defense shit.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Hit level 18 last night and pimped out my guys for certain modes. The Cactus is fucking LEGIT.

Using the garlic drones is too much fun.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        this is not the boring tower defense shit.
        I liked the tower defense shit.
        "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Fil View Post
          I liked the tower defense shit.
          You and I are probably the last two remaining Fil.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            that's all it is. It's like TeamFortress 2 now.
            whaaaaaaat. I did not know that. i'm fucking all over this shit if it's just straight TF2
            XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Yeah, I should have mentioned that. This game oozes awesomeness. The art style completely works in 3d, the audio is fantastic, level designs remind me of the old multiplayer levels from Conker on the N64, and the "classes" are all varied and pretty fun to play.

Completely caught me by surprise.

Comment

• I'm down whenever you guys want to get a group going in PvZ. I've only played for about an hour yesterday, leveled the sunflower to level 3 I think.

Having too much fun in Far Cry 4, I have slowed down so not to finish it so fast. Played some co-op with a friend and helped him level up. Gamefly sent me Assassin's Creed Unity so I'll see how broken that is.
                "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Played like 5-6 hours of PVZ2 last night. You were right, so fun. Love the art style and yeah the 3rd models are perfect. I got a new peashooter skin that's James Bond and I've been all fucking over that shit ever since. Even has a silenced peashooter. Definitely need to do some BDR matches

I did find that over all that time, plants won nearly every match that I played. OP or just dumb luck?
                  XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• a bit of both I would assume.

Usually the zombies win in my experience. Tried the Garden War mode last night. We definitely need to get BDR folks playing that. So fun. LIke 7 different defend points in any given map that constantly open the map up to be bigger as they are taken and it was crazy fun.

Comment

• So, Unity, is a beautiful game, but damn if it doesn't feel like a step back for Assassin's Creed in a few ways. It's still a little broken, I've only played it with 1.03 patch so I can only imagine how broken it was before. The frame rate dips below 30 often which usually doesn't bother me, but it happens a lot here and I can't help but notice it when it is this much. This hopefully can be improved with the next patch on Monday.

What probably won't be changed is the upgrade system they decided to implement in this game which take what I consider to be basic vital moves or tools for an Assassin's Creed protagonist and lock them behind the upgrade system. Want to do a double assassination? Buy the skill. Want to do an air double assassination? Again, buy the skill. Fucking blending into the environment to hide has to be unlocked. So is throwing money. I came across some beggars and I tried to give them money since it was one of the random events that pop up. Couldn't figure out how to do it. No prompt came up to give them money. I look under the skills to buy and a money bomb skill is there. So the only way to give money away is to drop a money bomb which the ability has to be unlocked.

So, with shit locked that I could do from the start or close to it in Black Flag or most of the Ezio games (I think double assassinations was learned in one of the early/mid sequences in AC2) I am not feeling the game from the start. I can't even save myself some damage from an accidental high jump off a roof and roll because that skill is an unlock. Story missions give you the points used for the skills, but only 1-3 each. You have to play co-op to get more points which are awarded for finishing the mission and then there are a few hidden in the area that you can find.

Co-op can be fun, I liked it, but unfortunately, it's not working well either. Lag is bad right now. Most of the missions I did online with people had me taking damage from enemies late or me not being able to kill anyone I strike because they might already be dead or I may be dead but I won't know it for another 5-10 seconds. One guy kept reviving me and I would die instantly. I got a few decent games where the lag wasn't too bad but I ended up doing a few of those co-op missions solo, which can be hard but at least I had no lag.

There are chests that are locked and can only be opened by playing their companion game on android/ios. They brought their fake money for real money system from the multiplayer modes in previous games and added it to single player so you can buy gear and upgrades. The controls are still a little broken, parkour down is a good addition but doesn't always work and the fighting system doesn't let you chain kills anymore. I can go on with my complaints but I'll stop. I did finish the story mode despite my issues with the game. Definitely low on my list of Assassin's Creed games, and while I hated the stuff I mentioned I still didn't outright hate the game, I was more just disappointed. If history repeats, like Assassin's Creed 2 and Black Flag, the next Assassin's Creed could be a good one.

Sorry for the long post. Back to Far Cry 4. Love that one.

Comment

• Rob was right about PvZ, y'all. Way more fun than I thought it would be.

I can't figure out the sticker packs, though. Where do you go to select characters/skins/buffs? The manual is worthless.

Comment

• you can only use the characters/skins/buffs in some modes. To plant shit you've unlocked you walk up to an empty flower pot and plant your stuff in modes that allow it.

to do characters and whatnot I believe it is somewhere in the options menu. I know I've done it outside of a game mode.

Sucks to hear about Unity Fil. Ass Creed loves to make you hate it every other game apparently.

Beat Advance Warfare this weekend. What a let down. This game was so fucking bland in my opinion. I don't really remember any big set pieces except in the beginning chase. The exo suits seemed wasted and I hated being told what to use when. So fucking linear.

Comment

• Haven't touched shit, except doing my daily garrison stuff in WoW. Can't wait for vacation to start so I can hang out and game all damn day.

Comment

• you need to get a new mic as well....

Comment

• Yeah I do. Maybe February. Fucking broke this month. I put it on my wish list, maybe someone will get it for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X