No announcement yet.

Politics and bullshit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But what's his deal? Are we dying? I'm sorry we are not a political heavy board here...
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

It's a period in which America's unsurpassed supremacy since the end of WW2 is being challenged by other nations such as China and Brazil. And if that means the end of that dominance and more of a team player? So what? We'll be like England.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Yeah, but he seems to think we're going to have a Second Civil War or some shit. Which is idiotic.

Comment

if that means that Lesley is gonna get a British accent, then bring it!
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by BudLeonard View Post
            Yeah, but he seems to think we're going to have a Second Civil War or some shit. Which is idiotic.

My buddies think the same thing. I like to pretend they are stocking up for a zombie epidemic, but they aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by BudLeonard View Post
              It doesn't help there's some bullshit article in The Guardian claiming that California is a failed state.

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                It doesn't help there's some bullshit article in The Guardian claiming that California is a failed state.
                Not completely bullshit. California is failing (not quite failed yet). I know this may come off as a Texas elitist thing, but what California needs to do is re-invent itself much like Texas did in the 80s.
                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

You need a sweet show like Dallas, Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                    Not completely bullshit. California is failing (not quite failed yet). I know this may come off as a Texas elitist thing, but what California needs to do is re-invent itself much like Texas did in the 80s.
                    True, I'm not ignoring how undenabily fucked state government is.

As for a show like Dallas? I thought that was what Entourage is?

Comment

Then I weep for your state. At least Dallas had Patrick Duffy on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                        Then I weep for your state. At the very least Dallas had Patrick Duffy on it.
                        Don't forget Larry Hagman, Victoria Principal, Linda Gray, et al. You can forget season 8.
                        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

J.R. Ewing was the Ari Gold of his time. Such a bastard.

I'm kind of surprised they never did spinoffs consisting of other Texas cities.

Comment

Knots Landing......VERY successful spin-off from Dallas.

Comment

Step by Step...very successful spin-off from Patrick Duffy.

Comment

Get a Life...extremely successful spin-off from 60 Minutes.
                                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Working...
                                X