Speed Racer: You're All Insane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed Racer: You're All Insane

(the sequel to my thread on 'The Fifth Element')

I saw this on opening night with my wife and a couple of friends. Counting us, there were maybe 30 people in the theater. On opening night, 7pm show. Destined for failure? YES.

To the movie itself:
    TOO. MUCH. STIMULUS. There's so much going on that it becomes boring.

Long scenes of exposition from the bad guy. Really, edit that shit down.

Get rid of the damned kid and chimp. They add NOTHING to the plot. I don't care that they were in the original cartoon...I hated them in THAT too.

While some of the car-fu is cool, it gets repetetive and boring fairly quickly.

HATED this movie.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

But the Mach 5 made the Curly Howard Nyuck-Nyuck-Nyuck nosie every time it jumped!

And there's Emile Hirsch *thumbs up* and Christina Ricci for the perves.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Christina Ricci didn't get naked, though. FAIL.

I will admit to liking Racer X and how he was portrayed in the film, though. They got that element exactly right.
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

John Goodman fighting Ninjas and the guy who played the O'Reilly guy from V for Vendetta had some crazy speeches.

Plus, floating spinning heads.

And Ricci didn't get naked in Monster, you gonna call that movie a fail too?

Comment

The Goodman nonja fight was lame. REALLY lame.

I will admit that he and Susan Sarandon did a nice job as the parents, though. They had a nice relationship with the family. Also, Susan looked DAMN good.

Comment

Susan has always been a MILF.
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

QTF BABY QFT!

Tim Robbins is a lucky batsard.

Comment

I agree that they went overboard with the visual stimulus. I couldn't really keep up but at the same time, it was still fun.
                The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

It's Speed Freakin Racer, how can there not be overstimulus?!

Comment

Not too bad, but it's barely tolerable.

I kept wishing a ninja would appear and rape the chimp and little brother, making each other watch the rape.
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      I kept wishing a ninja would appear and rape the chimp and little brother, making each other watch the rape.
                      I'd watch the fuck out of THAT movie.

Comment

I also love this fucking movie. IT gives my brain an orgasm on bluray.

Judas isn't a fan of fun.

Not like fun is unAmerican.

Judas is unAmerican.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Not liking your brand of "fun" is not unAmerican. It's American to express a dissenting opinion. This is America, not Robmerica. Much in the same way this isn't Hockenistan.

Comment

I say this and GI Joe are on the same level, but this film melted my contacts to my retinas.
                            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                              Not liking your brand of "fun" is not unAmerican. It's American to express a dissenting opinion. This is America, not Robmerica. Much in the same way this isn't Hockenistan.

SILENCE HERETIC.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                              X